Alexi Lahio an Death

yep...
Elysian, I agree about the "totally different" thing(duh). I really respect Chuck (RIP) and I think both he and Alexi are great musicians (in their respective ways), but I think that they are just way too different to compare.
coolsnow: So, the reasoning behind my opinions is "gay". Boo-hoo. As for the rest of your post, I have to say you described the differences etc very well. Although I do not exactly agree 100% I understand what you mean.

coolsnow7 said:
And finally, even though it's not what you wanted to include, Alexi was far from the guitarist Chuck was.

I think Alexi has Chuck as far as the guitarist part goes. It's the musician part that Alexi falls behind Chuck.

you just proved my point, progressed, improving..to go forth..he didnt invent it..he helped it..hes a philanthropist not an inventor.

edit: and for the record possessed released a song called "death metal" on their album "seven churches" 2 years before death released scream bloody gore

coolsnow7: i think you didnt get my point the right way: its because they're such different musicians that i think it would sound interesting, i wasnt saying that Alexi should mimic Chucks stuff.
and about someone liking the earlier album better, thats cool, but i said that the lineup from SOP because that was the most technically advanced lineup Death ever had.

Chuck(R.I.P) is great guitarist and song writer and he has his own guitar technique.I think nobody can fill chuck s place because Death is Chuck and Chuck is Death. :worship:

Ralf said:
Even Jesus coudn't replace Chuck
Even Chuck couldn't replace Jesus :loco:

EDIT: Some stupid comment I made on a stupid post before I read this post had actually sparked a discussion on religion and attitudes. My oh my - what does Jesus and religion have to do in a thread about Death and Alexi Laiho? :Smug: