Alexi Laiho to tour with Hypocrisy

Blabbermouth today:

HYPOCRISY Forced To Cancel North American Tour - Nov. 17, 2009
HYPOCRISY, the Swedish extreme metal band led by guitarist/vocalist Peter Tägtgren (also of PAIN), has issued the following statement in regards to its previously announced tour with ENSIFERUM and its current troubles with U.S. immigration:

"We regretfully have to officially announce the cancelation of our tour in North America. We've tried everything so far and it seems like the process will take longer than expected for one of the members in the band. We will try to come back as soon as possible, as we want to show our U.S. fans that we care for them and we are ready to play the new songs live!"

I hope they do come back. I doubt it would be with Alexi, but that would be great if it were. I suppose it depends on when it would be.

This is really disappointing.

Err, I think it would've been interesting to see Alexi with Hypocrisy and how that would have influenced him. Would also bring new topic to discuss about when interviewing... not the same old cover album blabla... :guh:

Blabbermouth today:

HYPOCRISY Forced To Cancel North American Tour - Nov. 17, 2009
HYPOCRISY, the Swedish extreme metal band led by guitarist/vocalist Peter Tägtgren (also of PAIN), has issued the following statement in regards to its previously announced tour with ENSIFERUM and its current troubles with U.S. immigration:

"We regretfully have to officially announce the cancelation of our tour in North America. We've tried everything so far and it seems like the process will take longer than expected for one of the members in the band. We will try to come back as soon as possible, as we want to show our U.S. fans that we care for them and we are ready to play the new songs live!"

I hope they want to play the new material for the Canadian fans too....

I think I'm mostly pissed off about that fact that the Canadian dates were affected as well, when (as far as I know) there wasn't any problems with Canadian immigration. :Smug:

So the tour won't happen, because Peter can't get into country. UN FUCKING BELIEVABLE.

That's it for the new COB album. The hope I had was with Alexi being inspired by Hypocrisy. The new album will probably sound like Nickelback.

Nickelback? Thats actually hoping for a bit too much... The new album will probably sound like Blink-182

I hope they want to play the new material for the Canadian fans too....

I think I'm mostly pissed off about that fact that the Canadian dates were affected as well, when (as far as I know) there wasn't any problems with Canadian immigration. :Smug:

no shit sherlock, think about it. they're not going to waste all that money to come to canada and play limited shows, they would lose money

and yeah i was planning on going tomorrow but ex deo and hypocrisy aren't on the bill so fuckkkk that

^i must say that i do agree. the keyboards were a really good surprised. and, i don't know, but it's like it's what give this special sound to the album.

Janne should've played that chorus lead in Hellhounds one octave higher like he does live, the higher pitch makes it sound sorta more dramatic. But it's quite vicious as it is. You could listen to all these keyboard pieces a lot longer, but these are fast paced COB tracks after all so they come and go, forcing to listen all over again.

Seriously when you compare the keyboard intros of Tie My Rope demo & album versions, you get an idea how Peter totally pawns Janne in terms of creating sounds.

You could also compare the intros to One Day You Will Cry and Japanese Hospitality, aka Tägtgren vs Janne.

I'm waiting for Janne to confirm this, but as long as he does I remain confident he didn't form those Blooddrunk sounds by himself. If he did however then I'm amazed.

He's a "piano shredder" after all, not a sound visionist. Or maybe it's just what COB / Alexi wants. I'm not saying it was Janne's idea to kill off much of the keys in AYDY and some choruses in HCDR / T,L&S.

Janne should've played that chorus lead in Hellhounds one octave higher like he does live, the higher pitch makes it sound sorta more dramatic. But it's quite vicious as it is. You could listen to all these keyboard pieces a lot longer, but these are fast paced COB tracks after all so they come and go, forcing to listen all over again.

Seriously when you compare the keyboard intros of Tie My Rope demo & album versions, you get an idea how Peter totally pawns Janne in terms of creating sounds.

You could also compare the intros to One Day You Will Cry and Japanese Hospitality, aka Tägtgren vs Janne.

I'm waiting for Janne to confirm this, but as long as he does I remain confident he didn't form those Blooddrunk sounds by himself. If he did however then I'm amazed.

He's a "piano shredder" after all, not a sound visionist. Or maybe it's just what COB / Alexi wants. I'm not saying it was Janne's idea to kill off much of the keys in AYDY and some choruses in HCDR / T,L&S.

First of all I would never have commented on this unless Kal had forwarded this shit to me right in the middle of my morning coffee.

Joonas you are one of the biggest idiots of all time!

You are comparing two intros I have done and then how the fuck does this relate to Tägtgren? What the fuck?
I did ODYWC and I did obviously Warmen. It´s a different sound, so what? Jesus. I repeat BOTH are done by me. And I got owned? Fuck off.

Peter helped us with ONE sound on the BD album. ONE. Me and Alexi did 99.9% of the sounds. He was supposed to do more but time was rather limited.

I would really like you to stop posting shit asshole.

• Haha
Reactions: Works0fheart
no shit sherlock, think about it. they're not going to waste all that money to come to canada and play limited shows, they would lose money

and yeah i was planning on going tomorrow but ex deo and hypocrisy aren't on the bill so fuckkkk that

I'm not stupid. I realize that it is probably counterproductive. But over a third of the tour dates were in Canada.

I'm just saying that it sucks that Canadian fans got screwed out of seeing them when (as far as we know), the problem didn't have anything to do with Canadian immigration.