Alexi Laiho's Legendary Licks (Paperback)

Ok that might be true. But when I was in Finnland I saw many Slipknot kids and loaaaaaaadddds of emoish looking girls (and guys?) who were listening to mainstream-like goth (i dont say fuck mainstream but it was like britney spears singing evil songs) or alternate-pop-goth-rock mixed with glam rock so I guess they also listen to shitty music in the north :D
I guess it's more a trend, not a matter of where you live.
I couldn't say what the people in Germany tend to like more.

yeah, good point with the trend thing. the same trends can definitely be found all around the world.
BUT (for the sake of argument :lol:) when we boil it down to a specific genre of music, like in our case, metal, then we can make comparisons about location. As we established, in terms of metal, most Americans are into the heavy, cannibal corpse type of sound (and no wonder most of those band originate from here anyway). Whereas, in countries like Finland, we find the majority of people who like metal prefer more melody, and hence the melodic death metal bands tend to originate from that region.

do you know if it's exactly like that in Finland/Scandinavia? Because I was wearing a Bodom-Shirt (Hate Me) in Finland and many people laughed at me :lol:

oh ok, so just cuz you've been there and I haven't, this makes your argument better? :p

well nah, I mean I can see both sides to this argument. Like I said, there's a reason why melodic death metal originates mostly from Scandinavia and the brutal heavy-riffs metal is associated more with America. And like you said, every place includes the same type of people due to fads and trends.

and yeah, why are we arguing over this anyway. it's 4:36am over here. I should probably sleep.

actually I thought you had been there a quite often, that's why I was asking :D
well, ok let's agree on both of us being somehow right. It's almost 14:00 pm so I'm going to play some Wipeout with my bro. Good night !:)

do you know if it's exactly like that in Finland/Scandinavia? Because I was wearing a Bodom-Shirt (Hate Me) in Finland and many people laughed at me :lol:

WTF? When I was there I had on Bodom t-shirts (Bloodrunk and Something Wild, yay for diversity :D) and nobody laughed at me. And they didn't look at the BD t-shirt with a disgusting grin as sometimes happens here in Spain :)

Weird. In my experience nobody pays attention to band shirts (including cob) at least here in Finland.

Legendary Licks?

umm no. I don't see Kissing the Shadows, Silent Night Bodom Night, Towards Dead End, Hate Me, Follow the Reaper, Warhearts, Deadnight Warrior, etc. on there...

I also don't see Swarmed, The Sin Trade, Gallowmere, etc. on there :mad:

I need to go to Scandinavia and find some real musicians.

SYMPHONY X IS IN AMERICA :mad: :)

I also don't see Swarmed, The Sin Trade, Gallowmere, etc. on there :mad:

SYMPHONY X IS IN AMERICA :mad: :)

Yeah fo real!! fuckin Sinergy's guitar work is 10x better than most of that found in AYDY and BD. Also, good call on writing Swarmed first ;)

Symphony X, Nevermore, yeah there are a few. but even then, they never seem to have the same essence as the Scandinavian bands. it's like you can hear the "american" in them. haha.

I need to go to Scandinavia and find some real musicians.

Just because melodic metal bands come out of Europe doesn't mean you're gonna find "real" musicians there. I'm sure you were kidding but some people seriously consider moving to places where their favourite band is from, which is absurd.

hmm...I wasn't really kidding. but it's not like I'm going to go to Norway for the sole reason of music, there are bigger reasons. besides, my favorite band is from Finland :p

but yeah moving to a country for that SOLE reason is retarded.

hmm...I wasn't really kidding. but it's not like I'm going to go to Norway for the sole reason of music, there are bigger reasons. besides, my favorite band is from Finland :p

but yeah moving to a country for that SOLE reason is retarded.

yeah, girls go there to find vikings :lol:
hey Mystique it is really California the promised land where cool girls play D&D?:lol:

Legendary Licks?

umm no. I don't see Kissing the Shadows, Silent Night Bodom Night, Towards Dead End, Hate Me, Follow the Reaper, Warhearts, Deadnight Warrior, etc. on there.

this guy's on crack.

Exactly! I hate mentioning this in every new dvd release but I wish they would feature Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper more prominently. :)

yeah, girls go there to find vikings :lol:
hey Mystique it is really California the promised land where cool girls play D&D?:lol:

Nobody cool plays D&D. Anywhere. Period. Haha, sorry.

Yeah fo real!! fuckin Sinergy's guitar work is 10x better than most of that found in AYDY and BD. Also, good call on writing Swarmed first ;)

Symphony X, Nevermore, yeah there are a few. but even then, they never seem to have the same essence as the Scandinavian bands. it's like you can hear the "american" in them. haha.

That's entirely true. Is it weird that I just generalize and say that I like Scandanavian Metal? I can't count the number of times I've said, "Hey this is cool. Where is this band from? Just from the sound I bet they're from.. Yup... Finland." Sweden is pretty frequent, too. But american bands that I like that much are few and far between.

lol Dungeons and Dragons. I seriously don't know anyone that plays that.

Huh? What´s so hot about German guys?
(Just in case I missed something special :lol:)

I just say German guys cuz a couple of my ex's are German, and uhm, they're the best guys I've experienced, like personality-wise, looks-wise, and yeah :p. and I am currently seeing one now, so maybe I'm being biased :D
But yeah, it's just personal taste really, you didn't miss anything, haha. why? what "regional" guys are you into?

(and damn, we're so off-topic now)

Nobody cool plays D&D. Anywhere. Period. Haha, sorry.

That's entirely true. Is it weird that I just generalize and say that I like Scandanavian Metal? I can't count the number of times I've said, "Hey this is cool. Where is this band from? Just from the sound I bet they're from.. Yup... Finland." Sweden is pretty frequent, too. But american bands that I like that much are few and far between.

dude, I completely agree. Every time I talk about metal, and someone asks what type of metal I like, I reply, "Basically Scandinavian metal". Anyways, you're not alone. We generalize for good reason.