Alexi to be joined by 100 guitarists at Helsinki's Senate Square

So who will be the leader for each section? A guy from YT or some friend of Alexi?

He didn't say. Probably some friend of Alexi's I think. IIRC there was a list of all the professional musicians involved in the thing who were not taken into it through Youtube. I posted the list in this thread at some point. Probably on page 1.

The event will be streamed online, according to the 100guitarsfromHEL facebook page today:

"ONE WEEK TO GO! And you know what the coolest thing is? For all of you around the world who can't make it to Helsinki – we'll be streaming the show online. Join the biggest and craziest metal party wherever you are!"

I'll be there Tuesday afternoon, then I'll probably sleep immediately when I get to the hotel.

Kill that shit MrMan. Show Alexi some licks and give him some pointers on how to play clean. His picking technique needs some help these days.

Congrats to you and all from the forum who made it, make us proud!

so far this is a horrible experience and I almost wish I had just stayed home and kept my money

delayed flight, missed connection, won't be in Helsinki until Wednesday morning so i paid for a hotel for Tuesday for nothing and now my trip is cut a day short. Plus the person I found to share it with me ended up not being able to go at all and I couldn't find someone else, ate the cost for that

stuck at the airport for almost 8 hours, 6 more to go, then another connecting flight. No hotel, ~2 hours of uncomfortable sleep. Ready to kill someone or myself

I bet in the end everything will be cool, btw should you bring your own amp too, or just the guitar?

yeah I've calmed down some now, just really fucking frustrating

we were told only to bring a guitar and a cable, if everyone brought their own amps it would probably be a disaster

It might still be. Of course, you guys who play there are pretty good guitarists all or you wouldn't be there so you'll play it at least decently, and Alexi is still the loudest in the group so it'll probably work out.

Btw how could you carry the guitar on plane, with the hardcase? You send as luggage? But that way they could easily break it.

nevermind, another delayed flight, another missed connection, I don't even know if I'll be able to make it to Helsinki in time for the first rehearsal

don't even know what to do now

You're seriously the unluckiest person I "know". I've only ever had one delayed flight (Though that one was delayed by around 16-18 hours (Can't remember the exact count, I was 6 back then) so I got a lifetime's worth of delays at once :D).

Ah shit, well you might get lucky and get a direct flight, they are supposed to get you to you destination in a matter of 24hours after the first plane was cancelled, some sort of rule... But it might be a very close call and it might be an even thougher night.