Alexi's Hate Crew Deathroll Solo Trick?

Adam Blaze

Jul 9, 2007
hey guys....is it just me or do more of you wonder how alexi does that trick in the middle of the hate crew deathroll solo when he plays live....its like hes swiping the pick through the bridge like a credit card....any1 any idea? id really would really like to know what hes doing and how...any1?

Which video live.. and when.. any time pls..
And its probly when he's sweeping on the neck while taping.

Nah , i've just watched stockholm solo live, it's when alexi's hitting the whammy bar while he's playing around 2:40... It's pretty fckin sexy

hey guys....is it just me or do more of you wonder how alexi does that trick in the middle of the hate crew deathroll solo when he plays live....its like hes swiping the pick through the bridge like a credit card....any1 any idea? id really would really like to know what hes doing and how...any1?

Alexi swipes the guitar strings with his official COB credit card because the tonal difference is much superior to an average guitar pick. Alexi invented this trick so I think you should probably learn it too. To do this properly you must look grim and like a badass mutherfucker. I hope this helps.

no not the sweeep...ill give u guys a time stamp....right before the sweeping part...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vc-HkUooHR8

chek out what he does from 2:40-2:44...what the hell is that???
n i seriously did not understand why i was being dissed for asking that question...to me it honestly looks like hes swiping a credit card lol...just trying to explain it better....

no not the sweeep...ill give u guys a time stamp....right before the sweeping part...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vc-HkUooHR8

chek out what he does from 2:40-2:44...what the hell is that???
n i seriously did not understand why i was being dissed for asking that question...to me it honestly looks like hes swiping a credit card lol...just trying to explain it better....
ok, what he is doing is playing notes up the fret board but at the same time flickng his whammy bar.

legato phrases with the aforementioned whammy flick. see how his bar is sticking out backwards? just slide your hand down the length of the bar, and you'll see what that "credit card" motion deal is about.

He's doing what's called a Whammy flutter, or helicopter flutter, it has various names. Basically it's the same concept and putting a ruler on a table (halfway off the edge) and flicking it. The ruler will bounce up and down.

Just hit your whammy while it's facing backwards. It just vibrates the notes like crazy.

He also does the same technique in the Kissing the Shadows solo.

Steve Vai also does it in the Bad Horsie video.

hmm nice...thanks guys...thats pretty cool actually...anyone knows of any lesson on this "whammy flutter" technique....any kind of instructiosn or anything? this technique intrigues me