All Art Thread!

^ Yeah, that's a great drawing! What's the name of that spray? I used to have the same problem, but now it's my kid that's got the same thing happening. I wouldn't mind picking some up for her. She uses all sorts of different medium, but she's very good with just plain old pencil. On her website are pics she drew when she was younger (she's only eleven now...) using the computer mouse (dunno why, since she's got a tablet and all, bought it with her own money!). The site was really a response to her and her friends not being allowed to bring trading cards to school (Pokemon, Digimon and so on are not allowed in the schools in this district), so she made up her own "Biomon" cards, handed them out and started this website a couple of years ago. She still works on it once in a while, just to keep her sister happy. Anyhow, here's a link to her "random biomon pics" : http://pic4.piczo.com/Biomonofficalwebsite/?g=10300045&cr=4
She loves it when people post art or leave messages in her shoutbox, btw. ;-)

^ Yeah, that's a great drawing! What's the name of that spray? I used to have the same problem, but now it's my kid that's got the same thing happening. I wouldn't mind picking some up for her. She uses all sorts of different medium, but she's very good with just plain old pencil.

The spray is a Workable Fixative which is a spray for covering and the prevention of smudging of pencil drawings, charcoal, and can also fix a certain amount of pastel artworks too.

In Australia the company is called National Art Materials or N.A.M. Other companies do have Workable Fixatives' so you might have to hunt around, yet your local art supplier should be able to help you.

Application is simply a left to right, start a row and stop, and work down the page until fully covered. Like using a cooking spray in a baking tin ;)

Always keep in mind that certain products can vary from each supplier too, so look for tell-tail signs of yellowing, blobbing of spray, and dripping or runs from the can nozel, so test on another paper first.

You can also use some hairsprays, however again testing is a must as some products are not acid free and will age the paper and cause yellowing. In extreme cases it can make the paper brittle.

Hope this helps, I can always ask my art teacher for other overseas "trusted brands" if you need.

On her website are pics she drew when she was younger (she's only eleven now...) using the computer mouse (dunno why, since she's got a tablet and all, bought it with her own money!). The site was really a response to her and her friends not being allowed to bring trading cards to school (Pokemon, Digimon and so on are not allowed in the schools in this district), so she made up her own "Biomon" cards, handed them out and started this website a couple of years ago. She still works on it once in a while, just to keep her sister happy. Anyhow, here's a link to her "random biomon pics" : http://pic4.piczo.com/Biomonofficalwebsite/?g=10300045&cr=4
She loves it when people post art or leave messages in her shoutbox, btw. ;-)

Cool, I had a look and left a message for her ;) (hint: tiger). I'm glad you help and encourage her, and in turn she's helping others. I wish my parents had done the same...

Maybe she'd like to post some of her new ones in here too?

Dont take a spray glue instead of workable fixating. a few students used some kind of glue in spray in drawing class (by mistake) a few years ago on charcaol drawings... it was horrible ><

My friend's uncle has some replicas of those pictures in his house along with a few others that may or may not be from the same artist. I'm not sure about that. But he's got a very memorable one of Odin riding Sleipnir and carrying Gungnir into the mist.

I'd post the photo if I could find it. But it's hard searching pages of Vasiliev's works when I can't read the cyrillic alphabet.

If I'm ever in his house again I'll try and snap a few quick shots.

No, the one of Odin riding Sleipnir that you might be talking about isn't by Konstantin Vasiliev. I have the "Odin riding Sleipnir" poster right over my computer screen, and it says on the bottom "Odin Riding Sleipnir by Cliff Wright". Here it is, sorry thats the best pic i could find in a 20 second search:
post12.jpg

Anyway, that Konstantin Vasiliev guy, didn't know about him but i've already seen posters of his works for sale in these pagan reunions and stuff.

^There is a better one with a guy doing the mona Lisa; if they were using mice it would be ungodly, I'm willing to bet they're using tablets though (expensive one's at that).

Even with a tablet though....it is still unholy.

edit:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2sPl_Z7ZU[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2sPl_Z7ZU
I tried the youtube tags but this shit never works with me; if you can see it please tell me :/

For all of you who thought photoshop was better then MS Paint:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vUWqRhReaZk

That is pretty cool. Software is like the difference in pencil or pens you use.

^There is a better one with a guy doing the mona Lisa; if they were using mice it would be ungodly, I'm willing to bet they're using tablets though (expensive one's at that).

Even with a tablet though....it is still unholy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2sPl_Z7ZU
I tried the youtube tags but this shit never works with me; if you can see it please tell me :/

Tablets are all the latest and used especially in digital art. Everyone seems to want it quick and out the door. So I agree with you there to a point.

I prefer to draw on paper in the traditional vein. Since the main requirements for my Uni entry is Human figures I thought I'd start there.

After ages I found Riven Pheonix's "The Structure of Man" series of uTube videos which was a god-send for me wanting to relearn everything properly.

There are 74 hrs of hand drawing tutorials, and insead of having to watch them via uTube popups, you can even purchase a 5 DVD set of WMV videos to watch from your computer if you wish, yet not overpriced, this guy is a true artist that wishes to pass on his skills for eveyone.

Atm Riven is making v2 of the Structure of Man series and I am putting together eveything onto PAL DVDs so I can watch them on a tv screen. Riven thinks it will take 20 DVDs to do this, yet I am looking at how it can be compressed down for him.

I just wish I was as comfortable with a pencil as I am editing video :D

I will be sending Riven a copy and hope that we can see these become a proper DVD collection in the near future. Hell we could even have various languages available in the long run.

So unless Riven has objections, I'd like to offer these as I have the webspace to even allow downloading if needed. The Uni I am aiming for would also like to have them available as a collection for their students to. So I am hoping something comes of all his hard work and reaches a bigger audience, as they've already helped me so much.

Hey :D
So ive finished to paint today a new painting. it was a test really, about how good i can be with spatula+background, since ive never really used that technique before.
I havent payed much attention to perspective as well, i know the size of the characters, especially the female ones, arent improving it. but even how the characters has been created on the picture is something new to me.
anyway..

here comes,

Lost

IMG_0189.jpg

details :

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

I still havent got any answer from AA so their painting still cannot be posted yet :(

I'm working on two projects right now (not even near completion :()
This is is in the beginning stages:
DoomingChristianity.jpg

I'm not sure what I'm going to add to it, although I like the black background...as it is it is plain, plus there are some touch-ups that need to be done...I'm quite proud of the size though :D (42x28inches)

Another piece I am doing is based on Lovecraft's work (Y'golonac), I plan on turning the drawing into an actual photograph (with real models) - however, finding images is quite the problem : / If anyone knows any good free stock sites, please share!
Ygolonac.jpg

Any thoughts/critiques would be greatly appreciated!