All Art Thread!

Mmm. I see. That makes sense. Kind of like how you do rock art by making use of the already existing divets and cracks in the rock.
I always used to start with the eyes. That would give me the soul of the person or animal, but it entails knowing which animal you're drawing before you start. Hence my question about the badgers. I still like the badgers better. I know guy that got failed in art because you were supposed to complete a project for each unit, and in sculpture, he did what you did - he sculpted the shape of a head, and then he looked at each feature to see what it resembled. When he was done, he'd created a very, very life-like bust of Old Adolf. His teacher did not approve of the subject and so she failed him, completely disregarding the merit of the piece.

I wish I could see that, the last bust I completed looked like a damn Uruk Hai :erk:

Something I made at school four years ago, when I was 14.

We were supposed to make christmascards at school, and whilst everyone else made stupid snowmen and stars I made a forest.. If one looks close, there are several people hidden around in the picture..

I made a patch, the picture above is zoomed.. The "skull" on the patch is about 2,5 x 2,5 cm or so.

Those three objects were the only things close at hand when I was keen on take some pictures to post here. Acculy all the good work I have done the last two years belongs to someone else now, I have given it all away :/

Damn, I'd love to see some more of your sculpture if you still had any - Have you kept up with it over the years?

This is some of the recent crap I've done, I've just been wasting my time with the Jesu photoshops, the rest were just mess-arounds.

The updated flag of Ireland
IrishFlag.jpg

Some chick I found on a tag browser, I decided to edit the hell out of her for no reason what so ever.
somegirl.jpg

A comp drawing I did
Fucknuts.jpg

Basic stuff, but I loved the water; kind of screwed up on the avian though
plug1b-1.jpg

and finally the last two things I started these last weeks. I fixed the face a bit and dampened the light so you cannot tell where it is exaclty coming from (or how strong), which is great because there are still hard shadows in the picture.

I'm not sure which to go with though; personally, I like the one without the radiance because it has more of an empty, solitary feeling with it. Although the color does place a mood, it's a mood that I can't really identify. I'm not sure, please comment on this last one though, I would like some opinions/critiques.

JesuI.jpg
JesuII.jpg

Not sculputing no, but I have painted alot.. Il see if I can take some pictures of the paintings I have given away.. BTW: The new Irish flag rocked :p And the one without the radiance are the best out of those two in my opinion. It's sortof" Hi! I'm Necro-Jesus, I just came back to tell you that: you suck! DIE!" sortof.. It's really cool :D

the red aura give perspective where the black one dont. It gives me a space feeling.. cant say which one i prefer though.. the first is like coming out of nowhere with nothing red onthe sculpture to rely on the background. there is not that problem with the second one. maybe if you give it a redish hue to the first one, very faint, it would help. if you try that, show me please :)

I made this like half a year ago, a friend took the picture as it is at her place, it was a gift for her birthday.. It's the black "thing" with Arcturus on it.. NOT the skull :p The writing is about as long as my hand..

It's handpainted, hehe.. :p

That's cool. I like doing fonts by hand. It requires a steady hand.
There's a cool site that has faximilies of the Codex Regius (where one of the original Eddas was written) that has cool font in it, and all these old drawings of the gods and stuff. It sure makes you appreciate the art of handwriting, though, since evert damn page looks like it's been printed - all the letters match in angle and height and look exactly the same each time they're used, all the lines are arrow straight, and all the margins are perfect. The text is hundreds of pages long. That must have taken some damn effort.

Wow, this place re-draws the pictures children sent in? If that is the case...I find this COMPLETELY friggen cool.

Yeah, it does. I thnk it's a nice concept, becasue kids have such awesome minds, but because they are not qute done developing, sometimes you get the most warped things from them. One of my favourite things to do when I was working with kids back in the day, was to sit one of them down and ask them to tell me a story. I'd write all the words they told me, and then they'd colour pictures to go with the words. The interesting part comes in when you ask other kids to colour pictures for the text, kind of like what they've done at this site - interpret someone else's creativity. Sometimes we made up books that were awesome.