The Art Thread

Maxim1110

May 19, 2007
Out of Gravity
www.maximvanasseldonk.com
Since I couldn't find a thread like this anywhere near the front page of this forum I decided it would be nice to have one. Here you can discuss anything art related, so from photography to paintings.

I think there's some more on this forum involved in such things (I think Defiance posted something a while ago) apart from me (mainly photography) and of course Niklas.

So post your paintings, pictures etc etc or post art you admire so we can discuss it.

If anyone likes it by the way, I'll post some of my own pictures here ;)

Great thread!

And yes, this is the Logic/Chaos/Logic drawing that my girlfriend did (sorry if the image is too big, but that's kind of the point of the thread, right?):

4583416604_f3a374a98f_b.jpg

She also recently drew a scene from the Kalevala. It was the first time she used watercolours, so the results were not what she expected. But, seeing it was the first time she used that technique, in general I thought it was a great painting. I'll tell her to take a shot of it so I can post it here.

It looks quite interesting. The chess pieces and the chessboard seem to be the logic thing, whereas the "hair" is probably the chaos. Although there is still logic hidden in there, as it shows clocks and gears as well.

The hair might resemble the brains of the person, and the chess pieces seem to be attacking it. This may be a sense of logic overcoming the primal emotions of man. The person looks as if she is in despair, so the primary question might be if logic is good for mankind.

Am I hitting the nail on the head or am I just gibbering? :lol:

It looks quite interesting. The chess pieces and the chessboard seem to be the logic thing, whereas the "hair" is probably the chaos. Although there is still logic hidden in there, as it shows clocks and gears as well.

The hair might resemble the brains of the person, and the chess pieces seem to be attacking it. This may be a sense of logic overcoming the primal emotions of man. The person looks as if she is in despair, so the primary question might be if logic is good for mankind.

Am I hitting the nail on the head or am I just gibbering? :lol:

I guess it's something like that, I'll ask her.

Oh, and I also particularly liked this photo by a certain Swedish guitarist:
spaceballn.png

Haha yeah that one's pretty good, but I prefer others.

And I have to say, this panorama of mine isn't bad either :)
finalpano2.jpg

Hey nice pic! Which camera did you use?

Oh I got this rather cheap camera I bought for about 50 euros from marktplaats.nl (similar to ebay, but Dutch) last year. It's a Samsung L730. I'm saving up to buy my dad's old camera though, he's got a Nikon D200 so that'll be better :D

Oh and I also like this one I took (and edited, of course) yesterday after a small bush fire near my place:
sl378131.jpg

By the way, we should name that picture Niklas took either "Inside the Particle Storm" or "Arkhangelsk" :lol:

@stizzle: Thanks! I'm doing my best :)

@rahvin: I'll upload it without resizing, but I doubt it'll be useful as a desktop background (I guess that's what you want it for) because the dimensions are different from a normal photo. The actual dimensions are 7707 x 2921 ;)

Here's a link because if I'll post it I'll probably rip the forum apart because it's to big:
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/481/finalpano2.jpg

@rahvin: I'll upload it without resizing, but I doubt it'll be useful as a desktop background (I guess that's what you want it for) because the dimensions are different from a normal photo. The actual dimensions are 7707 x 2921 ;)

Here's a link because if I'll post it I'll probably rip the forum apart because it's to big:
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/481/finalpano2.jpg

Thank you, that was in fact what I wanted to use it for. :) I'll try and see if I can shape it to my liking: bigger, after all, is definitely better. ;)

Yeah you're right about that, but I've got a rather cheap camera right now so I don't think I can get it any different. If you're so close to the object you're taking a photo of I think you're gonna need a telelens for it.

Sure, I'm just saying. I'd love to get a decent camera too, and to study photography :) . My girlfriend takes some nice pics, I'll try to upload them/post some links here.