All Art Thread!

@Erzebeth:
You're wrong! The real problem is that I completed the legs and just see the problem after :erk:
The eyes are visible but I can't really catch them on the fotos :mad: He looks to the right. Nevertheless I didn't get the right look. Someone could think he's gonna kill his child but his smile should be friendly and not evil. Thats because of the eyebrowes i think. His face at all is "typical german 45 years old" ;)
The eyes aren't that easy because my drawing is just about 14cm high.

@Everybody:
Does anyone remember how many "head-hights" have to fit into the legs and how many in the torso to get the right proportion?

Greetings from the Baltic Sea :headbang:

If you are caucasian: From hip joint to knee you should measure from your elbow to your fingertips, from there to the ancle is another elbow to fingertips. From shoulder to elbow is 1/3 of the total lenght of your appendage, the fore arm frm elbow to writs is the next 1/3 and the wrist to fingertip is the last 1/3 (which, Bates, is why you lot measure things the way your do - it originated in 1/3's and 2/3's and full arm lengths and the width of a thumb and how many thumbs fit into one 1/3 and so on - unless you're Greek in which case it's to do with the lenth between your fingering finger's inner knuckle to the knuckle on the hand...). If your arm is held straight and relaxed by your side, it hits midway down your theigh, which gives you the right height of the torso. The total lenght of your outstretched arms, from fingertip to fingertip, gives you the total height of the person, head to toe.
The width of the mouth is the same as the length of the nose to the top of the brow, which is equal to the size of your ears, whereas the width of the nose/eye is the lenght of the nose to the bottom of the brow (the part where the corner of the eyes sit, and where your ears attach to the side of your face). The width of the nose is the same as the width of your eye and the space between the two eyes.
There, I knew all that osteoarchaeology would come in handy one of these days... =)

If you are caucasian: From hip joint to knee you should measure from your elbow to your fingertips, from there to the ancle is another elbow to fingertips. From shoulder to elbow is 1/3 of the total lenght of your appendage, the fore arm frm elbow to writs is the next 1/3 and the wrist to fingertip is the last 1/3 (which, Bates, is why you lot measure things the way your do - it originated in 1/3's and 2/3's and full arm lengths and the width of a thumb and how many thumbs fit into one 1/3 and so on - unless you're Greek in which case it's to do with the lenth between your fingering finger's inner knuckle to the knuckle on the hand...). If your arm is held straight and relaxed by your side, it hits midway down your theigh, which gives you the right height of the torso. The total lenght of your outstretched arms, from fingertip to fingertip, gives you the total height of the person, head to toe.
The width of the mouth is the same as the length of the nose to the top of the brow, which is equal to the size of your ears, whereas the width of the nose/eye is the lenght of the nose to the bottom of the brow (the part where the corner of the eyes sit, and where your ears attach to the side of your face). The width of the nose is the same as the width of your eye and the space between the two eyes.
There, I knew all that osteoarchaeology would come in handy one of these days... =)

What we learn in detail and in short in drawing class. tack så mycket Tyra :)

Hmmm, this description could help you, but you should go out and draw some people^^
Thats great :D
Use the U-Bahn, or S- Bahn ( Underground Railway / Tube).

I did so, and it was great :) Thats how I learned to draw people within an half year:)

SOmething quick for you...

werwolfim4.jpg

The one that really amuses me is that fact that the basic small unit (For the Anglo-Saxons) was the barleycorn grain. Which seems to me to be pretty close to measuring it in beer. ;)

At last, im done with my painting of Siv.

Its a 48X60 inches canevas, acrylic. I'm depicting Siv when she enjoy the return of her hair, made of enchanted golden thread this time. Thanks alot for everyone that helped me gather the infos for the details of the costume and accessories! :D

I hope you like it!

IMG_1359-1.jpg

details

IMG_1378-1.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

I made 2 sets of runes for this painting, one carved in the scramaseax blade and the other knotted in the hair.
siv.jpg

At last, im done with my painting of Siv.

Its a 48X60 inches canevas, acrylic. I'm depicting Siv when she enjoy the return of her hair, made of enchanted golden thread this time. Thanks alot for everyone that helped me gather the infos for the details of the costume and accessories! :D

I hope you like it!
I DO, especially the depth of the viewpoint.
You can see all the way through the sky, this is what I love most. It goes on forever :)

Thanks for sharing, keep 'em coming!!
I made 2 sets of runes for this painting, one carved in the scramaseax blade and the other knotted in the hair.
siv.jpg

I don't know much about the specifics of viking details, what is the background of the "scramaseax blade"?

Sorry for the ingnorance...

Wow, I really like that one. You need to have prints made or something so I can get a copy. :)

As for the scramseax, it was more generally known in the Anglo-Saxon world, as one of the most basic tools owned by everyone who wasn't a thrall. Basically a singled edged knife with a heavy spine, and no quillions/guard.

I DO, especially the depth of the viewpoint.
You can see all the way through the sky, this is what I love most. It goes on forever :)
Thanks for sharing, keep 'em coming!!

Thanks alot :D you know, the sky.. its rly the first time i paint such a moody sky, usually its cloudless starless night sky.. but here it needed more. I made it in a sort of transe, took about 40mins all in all. I was listening to Apocalyptica, their most aggressive songs.
Then, one after the other, my friends saw the sky when the painting wasnt finished. They were all flabbergasted, especially one of them that stood there looking at it for.. what.. 20mins? All of them were seeing stuff in the clouds. A parallel sea with mountains and iceberg, a wolf, a few birds, Death, a face; alot of mixed and raw feelings too... Even if i wanted to,i wouldnt have been able, and i wouldnt now either, retouch, alter, change this sky. It fit perfectly what i wanted for this painting. And i think you will agree :)

Bates's
Wow, I really like that one. You need to have prints made or something so I can get a copy.
I wasnt quick in posting this painting because my camera will never be able to give it justice (that goes for all my paintings). Ill have to ask my friend to do it for me with her professional camera. Then a print MIGHT become availlable :)

thank you for you comments Shealladh and Bates ^^

Nice paintings :D

The two runes you inserted in the picture are a nice idea.

Here's another one from me... Not finished yet.

drachenreiterunfertigpx7.jpg

Artwork, Bates style. :p
Langseax004sm.jpg

Seax blade I forged out of a 6" piece of 3/8" hex stock I got out of a scrap bin. It came out pretty well, I burnt the belly of the blade slightly (at about the 6.5" mark), so I'm going to have to grind a slight serration into the blade. Still in need of grinding and polishing, and possibly a simple inlay if I'm feeling competent, and I haven't started the handle or sheath yet, but at least so far, it's without major fuckups. :D

very nice bates :D

ankisharhd1.jpg

Hmmm, drawed in the undergraound railway (tube) in the morning on my way to university..

The blade needs to be re-forged, I f'd it up, of course. But I got my forge rebuilt last weekend, and started work on a spearhead, but this weekend I plan on redoing the blade... Totally screwed the handle up on it. :/