the Art thread

Totally, with tickling the supernatural topic and all. The details of each piece are so interesting.

Jupiter_and_Semele_by_Gustave_Moreau.jpg

Gustave Moreau - Jupiter and Semele

Just been to his museum last week. So much good stuff!

something a little bit different.

The Racławice Panorama is a 114 meter long 360° painting celebrating a big ass battle that happened in 1794 during the (failed) Polish-Lithuanian uprising against Russia.

It can be beheld in a circular building in Wrocław, Poland. I absolutely recommend seeing it when you're in the vicinity, Wrocław itself being worth a detour.

Reactions: ~Neurotica
I just wanna be there

tumblr_ouznof8ccD1qh7jlwo1_1280.jpg

"Moonlight Street Scene with Figures" by Jacob Johann Verreyt. Belgian (1807 - 1872)

^^^ dang

I went to see the Pageant of the Masters this weekend with 2,599 of my closest friends and it was quite something, as per usual.

https://www.foapom.com/pageant-of-the-masters/

It's a tableau vivants event, if you're feelin' French about such things. I don't know how many other similar shows are around the world but I've gone to this one three times now.

It's an annual thing since 1932 and has only been cancelled due to World War II and the coronavirus pandemic. It felt really good to be in a crowd of art patrons as they drunkenly hooted and hollered their way through sheer beauty.

Last edited: