All Gareth hate aside....

jesus god this album is retardedly awesome.

fuckkk meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

it's brutal as all fuckery and SO FRESH sounding... can't even really label it anything else than an 'extreme death metal' album, which is AWESOME. quantifying it further than that seems impossible to me. awesome creative juices happen' here and a LOT of weed. hahahaha

Just purchased this and spun it in my car. The music is fantastic, a whole nother level. My only problem is I liked the production in your EP more, I think it just has to grow on me though.

Also the snare is ridiculously loud at one point in a song, I will try to pin point it. Awesome work dudes!

i think it sounds really good music wise, quite fresh and the vocals rule. however, i'm not too fond of the drum programming. esp. the cymbals and fast rolls sound too programmed for my taste, even for that genre.

colonel_claypoo said:
i think it sounds really good music wise, quite fresh and the vocals rule. however, i'm not too fond of the drum programming. esp. the cymbals and fast rolls sound too programmed for my taste, even for that genre.

I think the drum sound's a little bit better than the EP, but still really fake, although after many spins of the Ep I started to feel like it really is part of their sound, that precision just gives it a nice edge I think, it's just too loud at parts IMO. I also prefer the mix on this one cause I can actually hear the bass, it's got some nice low mid chunk that mixes well with with the guitars, while on the Ep the bass was like pure bright clank and no low end, which made it almost unhearable on heavy parts and made the mix too dry/sterile for my taste, it sounded like new strings but high passed and compressed to eternity.

Its fucking epic. Of Gallows and the title track are my favourites so far. The production is sick, but the drums could do with being humanized more, but thats just what i'd do haha. Any info on what you used? guitars and basses and shit

This is fucking amazing ! I dunno wtf he is. But his vox is EPIC.
Drum sound so fake but I like it.

Fuck, this band made my song is completely a shitty rubbish.

I know that it's VERY likely that Jack used his newish (had it for about 2 years now?) Spector for tracking the bass, and he loves to run it through this ancient Digitech guitar distortion pedal.
Can't remember the model of Spector, though. Just that he fucking loves it.

And the superloud snare moment is in Promethean.

I don't like modern deathcore much, but i listened to the whole album and it's one of the best modern deathcore shit ever done, alongside the new 7 Horns 7 Eyes (well the EP i've heard on bandcamp at least) (7 Horns 7 Eyes sounding very progressive as well). There are some really sick/inspired/left-field parts in here, alongside some more "traditional modern deathcore" parts but that are great.

I also think the drums could have used more humanization.

I hate how some of the reviews/comments like the one on sputnikmusic are like :
1. stupid name and deathcore, must suck
2. oh wow this is really good and refreshing come to think of it...
3. ...but those songs are too progressive and too long for deathcore
3/5

If it was labeled as progressive death metal or whatever the hell it can be called, it'd get better ratings. To me this is one of the best metal releases in ages. The title track is phenomenal, and so are the lyrics throughout the album.

Great album. I don't like the singing, it's the only thing that makes me cringe a little bit. Gareth has a HUGE voice, but not for singing I'm afraid. Those bits literally ruin the song

Some recording info on this
I used a LTD M-1000 into boosted 5150 which I ended up using impulses with.
Bass is a pretty cheap Ibanez (sr405 I think)
Vocals are handheld sm58 (with cranked monitors).

Once unheard... Haha, no really, he totally does sound like Corey in The Chasm. Didn't even notice until someone pointed it out. Thanks for all the kind words, guys, it's been an absolutely mind blowing experience having this album received so well. I couldn't care less about that sputnik review, because I don't see anything he says as being anything other than a different set of tastes. He appreciated the elements I was most proud of and that's all that matters to me. People are always going to hate deathcore, it's just how it is, I'd be a little bitch if I got all pissy because "he just doesn't get it, maaaan."

Again, thanks to everyone who's supported us in this mad endeavour. So proud of how the album has turned out.