All Hail Consumerism

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
Lurch, were you amongst these vunts? :dopey:

amd_walmart_crowd.jpg

A Wal-Mart worker died after being trampled when hundreds of shoppers smashed through the doors of a Long Island store Friday morning, police and witnesses said.

The 34-year-old worker, employed as an overnight stock clerk, tried to hold back the unruly crowds just after the Valley Stream store opened at 5 a.m.

Witnesses said the surging throngs of shoppers knocked the man down. He fell and was stepped on. As he gasped for air, shoppers ran over and around him.

"He was bum-rushed by 200 people," said Jimmy Overby, 43, a co-worker. "They took the doors off the hinges. He was trampled and killed in front of me. They took me down too...I literally had to fight people off my back."

The unidentified victim was rushed to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 6:03 a.m., police said.

The cause of death wasn't immediately available pending results of an autopsy.

A 28-year-old pregnant woman was knocked to the floor during the mad rush. She was hospitalized for observation, police said. Early witness accounts that the woman suffered a miscarriage were unfounded, police said.

Three other shoppers suffered minor injuries, cops said.

Before police shut down the store, eager shoppers streamed past emergency crews as they worked furiously to save the store clerk's life.

"They were working on him, but you could see he was dead, said Halcyon Alexander, 29. "People were still coming through."

Only a few stopped.

"They're savages," said shopper Kimberly Cribbs, 27. "It's sad. It's terrible."

Edit - I just looked through the photo gallery, every person in line was a filthy loathsome negar! My Chi has been Trampled upon!!!!

you know I was about to post that. that mall is about 15 miles from where I live.
just made me hate Walmart shoppers more ... I have still never set foot in one and never will.

that's despicable ...

I never understood the appeal of waiting in line with a bunch of welfare recipients to save a lousy 30% on an item that I do not need. Not to mention the fact that there's a hundred websites such as slickdeals.net that turn you towards sales offered by retailers year around.

Saw that this morning. I expect a few more of these stories to come through out the day, as we see EVERY FUCKING BLACK FRIDAY.

I thought I was gonna get trampled to death just grabbing coffee and a donut at 7-11 this morning. Soccer Mom's fucking everywhere, running around like that tickle-me-elmo is going to be gone if they walked calmly to the bottled water stand.

Fucking sickening. Fuck these people, and fuck their children more. Over demanding brats.

I thought about going out to finally get an mp3 player with one of these Black Friday deals but then remembered shit like this. Oh, and my car doesn't work after that accident so I couldn't go anyway.

I actually ventured into the fire in order to procure a pair of 5 dollar jeans. It was HELL.

Edit: I tried to explain the concept of the 10 items or less line to a woman in front of me in said line. The concept was lost on her when she, while embracing her 2000 items, explained how much of a hurry she was in and how this was faster than waiting in the other lines designed for her current item-hold. I cried.

its a stupid term that the Jews created for the day after Thanksgiving. its supposedly the biggest shopping day of the year.

Meaning that wal-mart raise all prices by 50% and then lower 'em back to normal and advertise a huge sale with big red signs, and people go nuts and stampede clerks to death? Sounds ace.

actually the deals are pretty legit and you can make out nicely ... but making it through the day is a challenge if you are into this kind of thing.

imagine going to a clothing shoppe and already by 10am there are mountains of clothes all mixed up and picked through. its hell.

I came back from Gamestop where I saved a 10 spot on Left4Dead and took advantage of their buy 2 get 1 free deal. Upon entering there were a mere 12 rugrats parading near my nether regions. 10 minutes into perusing and I was bombarded by hordes of pre-pubescent nondescripts platforming around me. I slithered by a couple of ERSB delinquents and made my way to the DS section for the final furlong of my endeavor. It wasn't meant to be, a slovenly sea of humanity barreled through the egress with the ferocity of a dozen unarmed Kriglochs. I promptly retreated to the register, paid for my wares, and high tailed it out of dodge a hundred dollars poorer, and two cents wiser.

you all know nothing. even if you knew you knew nothing, that would be something, but you don't.

i work retail. trust me, you know nothing.

i worked in retail for over 6 years back in the school days ... black friday was probably one of the reasons I quit for good.
remember distinctly the year after I quit I was in the Bahamas for black friday with a drink in my hand and a middle finger in the air.