'Checkout Rage'....What's next??

My biggest pet peeve of the moment is my husband walking up to me and saying, "He has to go." Well, then take him, genius. Duh.

I mean, I'm sure men's rooms are skeevey, but the kid's going to have to go in there on his own at some point, at least now his dad can somewhat protect him from the grossness.

My friend used to work with me at the service desk/video department.
Whenever someone had "late fees" on their video rentals, he would tell the person about it.
If they said, "Oh, okay." And started to pay for the late fee, he would tell them nevermind don't worry about it and delete the late fee from the computer.
If they said, "No! I turned that in! Blah-blah-blah!!!" He would make them pay for it or else tell them they couldn't have a new rental. They would get soooo PISSED, and he would be happy.

I do stuff like that now.
One time I was getting ready to leave (about 5 minutes later than I was supposed to), and this old guy says, "SO! You're gonna just close when it's this busy???"
I said, "Yep!"
He said, "Well then, I'll tell ya what! I'll just shop at Safeway!" He then sets his basket of groceries down on my checkstand.
And I say, "Okay, have a good day." And leave.

I know when I return stuff late. Like right now, I owe about $12 for Gangs of NY. And I'll pay it the next time I go to rent something. Big deal.

The only time I ever refused to pay late fees was this one time at Hollywood Video. We were going there pretty regularly at the time, and there was this girl was working there for about a month. She was the most incompetent person I've ever seen trying do anything customer-service-like. People would complain to the manager right in front of her. She was rude, loud and couldn't work the computer. She didn't even know the return days. She should never have been at the front counter to begin with. So we rented and returned a few times and then stopped going because I didn't want to have to deal with her (I figured she'd be fired soon enough and decided to wait it out).

A month or so later, I went back to rent something and the guy told me I had some ridiculous amount of late fees. I told him there was no possible way, two of them were even a day early. I told him I handed them personally to the jackass that I didn't see there that day. He shook his head and told me I wasn't the first person with that problem, they'd been deleting bogus late fees for over a week now, and figured they wouldn't be stopping any time soon. He said the manager got buried in complaints and still hadn't gone through all of them.

I haven't had a problem since. Hopefully the manager learned from her mistake and is more careful about who she hires. But I wouldn't try to weenie out of late fees if I knew that I did in fact owe them.

That sux...damn them. Friend of mine worked closing at a place here, he'd just let me get a movie, watch it that night and drop it off again the next morning or that night. That's what the employees did there for their free rentals.

My sister was manager at a movie theater, I'd go over there and preview movies with the assistant managers. Free popcorn, pop. I'd even work the till up front sometimes. We'd take the couch from the lobby into the theater and watch movies. Drinking alcohol too, it was fun.

Well, that particular neighbor owed me just for dealing with her at all. Goddamn, she was stupid. And her husband was a pain in the ass. I went to see Anthrax with him, and that was the only bad part about it. Now my best friend tells me that he had the hots for me. It makes me want to hurl.

This one time, at band camp....I mean Blockbuster.....

I rented a movie, and forgot it at my friend's house. So he returned it and paid the late fee.
Then I tried renting another movie from Blockbuster and they said, "You have a late fee."
I said that it was taken care of, and they said it wasn't.
So that was the last time I rented there in years. I thought they were gonna have people come into my house, knock me out, and steal my kidneys over it.
Fuck Blockbuster (sorry to anyone who works at a Blockbuster affiliation).

NetFlix is where it's at!
www.netflix.com

ThraxDude said:
I thought they were gonna have people come into my house, knock me out, and steal my kidneys over it.
Fuck Blockbuster (sorry to anyone who works at a Blockbuster affiliation).
I got that feeling from my Blockbuster, too. I think they have a hard time remembering they're just a video rental store. That's why I switched to Hollywood Video.

Blockbuster used to send me letters and shit about my fees, HV just waits until I go in there again.