'Checkout Rage'....What's next??

He needed a win98 cd, so I told him that. He said, "but I have windows on my computer." "no, you need a win98 cd to finish installing this." "But! I have windows 98 on my computer!" Shoot me!

ThraxDude said:
I do stuff like that now.
One time I was getting ready to leave (about 5 minutes later than I was supposed to), and this old guy says, "SO! You're gonna just close when it's this busy???"
I said, "Yep!"
He said, "Well then, I'll tell ya what! I'll just shop at Safeway!" He then sets his basket of groceries down on my checkstand.
And I say, "Okay, have a good day." And leave.

I know how that goes.

I used to work at a store that was like a smaller, local version of a Home Depot. We had these 3 older guys that would come in all the time, just to look mostly, and usually annoyed the shit out of us. They're asking me about some paint supply and bitching about how expensive it is. One of them finally says to me, "I can get this cheaper at Menards"
Just to make my day, I tell him-"Then go buy it there" and walk away.

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
I hate people.

I was known to say that quite often in college. Where people in groups tended to be no smarter than a herd of cattle. My friends got a kick out of me saying that, so on our wedding video, one of my friends gets interviewed and says "Yeah, we're really happy for you, and really surprised that you actually found someone to marry you since you hate people so much"

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
I haven't discovered the joys of netflix yet. I guess I'll have to get working on that.

Netflix does rule.
If you watch more than 5-6 DVD's a month and some of those are late, you'll end up saving cash, cause there is no late fees.
I Love Netflix.

BTW...How was Gangs of New York. I've got it, but just haven't committed to watching it, looks like a long one.

CyThrax said:
I know how that goes.

I used to work at a store that was like a smaller, local version of a Home Depot. We had these 3 older guys that would come in all the time, just to look mostly, and usually annoyed the shit out of us. They're asking me about some paint supply and bitching about how expensive it is. One of them finally says to me, "I can get this cheaper at Menards"
Just to make my day, I tell him-"Then go buy it there" and walk away.

I used to work at a convenience store. People would come in and complain about the price of things all the time, especially cigarettes. They would say, I can get these for 50¢ less at Meijer. I would point out that we were a convenience store. You pay for the convenience of being able to walk to the store to buy your stuff as opposed to driving ten miles to the store in town. I'd tell them to go ahead and go to Meijer if they wanted to save 50¢, and the people were so damn stupid that they would occasionally leave without buying the smokes. Driving 20 miles round trip is worth it to save that kind of money. Now, if it was only 45¢...

I worked at another place, this one sold beer. In Michigan alcohol sales stop at 2am. I would invariably get people coming in at 2:05 wanting to buy beer, despite being after hours. I would refuse to sell and they would argue with me. I had one moron tell me he'd give me $20 if I'd sell to him. I still refused and he asked what it was going to take. I told him that if the police caught me selling after hours, I could be fined up to $500. Plus, every transaction rings up exactly what what was purchased on the register tape, and the manager looks at that every morning to make sure no alcohol is sold after 2:00 (a lie, but they didn't know that). If he caught someone selling alcohol after the cut-off point, even if the police didn't, the employee would be fired on the spot, no excuses, no second chance. So if they REALLY wanted that beer, I would need money to cover the potential fine, plus money to get me by until I got another job and started getting a paycheck from it. Grand total, $1000 plus the price of the beer. The guy just looked at me for the longest time like he couldn't tell if I was serious or insane. The next night, he was in before the cut off time.

Scott

Lordlindsey said:
BTW...How was Gangs of New York. I've got it, but just haven't committed to watching it, looks like a long one.
I fell asleep during that one. I thought it was kind of boring.

It is kind of boring, but is also good. I doubt that makes sense. It's a good story and everything, but it just takes so much damn time to tell it.

I think what makes it a good movie for me was that I was able to forget how much I hate Leonardo DiCaprio and Cameron Diaz for a few hours, and I never thought a movie could do that.