All songs can't be everybodies favourites!

Benighted Joe

Opethian
Oct 21, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
www.myspace.com
Idiot-logic, yeah? :Smug:

It doesn't seem that way when some of you people comment on Opeth.
I mean I do not like ALL songs by Opeth either. Of course not. I have problems
with Morningrise. I like some tracks on that album but I think that,
in general, the singing and melodies aren't what I prefer. Moreover, I think
the bass are played with to "high" notes most of the time which I don't
understand. I don't like it but maybe it's because I'm not a tru Death Metal
guy?! I listen to much metal and death metal nowadays but not before.
Anyway, Morningrise has still got my deepest respect and that song,
"To bid you farewell", is amazing!

It sometimes take the longest time to get into some tracks. I had a hard
time understanding most of the songs on Damnation in the beginning, aswell,
but now I love them!

Sorry if I wasted your time with this shit, but I just had to get it outta my
system. What do you guys think? Are you just into Opeth to hear the
melodies and songs that you like?

OK great! Morningrise is my favorite album ever. Why am I still posting here? Because Opeth is the greatest band ever, and they never dissapoint with a new release. I hate to see people hating on people for praising Morningrise. Its a great album. But if you want to say you hate Ghost Reveries...move along (paraphrasing Mikael).

I don't think anyone in the right mind could hate Ghost Reveries. Even if it's my least favorite Opeth album, I think it still fucks up 99.9% of other music in the world.

I've never heard a bad song by them. A song where i've litterally turned off the sound cause i didn't want to listen to it. They have some songs that aren't as imaginative as others, some which are below par comapred to others they've done. But bad songs? No. Fair enough weighing in at 21 minutes "Black Rose Immortal" honestly bores me slightly, "Dirge for November" i don't think is amazing and there's a couple of others which i have similar issues with. But like i say, over all they don'y make bad songs, not every song is my favourite but as had been mentioned already "it still fucks up 99.9% of other music in the world", personally i'd quote 100%.

The first three songs on GR are three of my favs. When they came to Dallas they opened wtih Baying of the Hounds.....it was perfect. I do not care so much for Atonement, but that does nothing to my overall view of the album.

It took me a little longer than usual to transition from BWP to Deliverence, but i love them both. i think that is really what we are talking about. moving from the sound of the band in one phase to another, and some people have been able to and some wont. too bad for them......

"Damnation" is a very very good album.

Hours of Wealth, Atonement, The Grand Conjuration, Isolation Years is not as good as the songs on Damnation.

Ghost Reveries is a half album, it doesn`t feel complete for me. :erk:

I think people are trying to constructivley criticise Opeth. Really, they don't need it. Ok so they make a song every now and then that you might not think is brilliant but hey, unlucky. You can't please everyone, they're not perfect or without fault. They're gifted musicians and song writers, but that's all they are. Not Gods.

Deadlift said:
"Damnation" is a very very good album.

Hours of Wealth, Atonement, The Grand Conjuration, Isolation Years is not as good as the songs on Damnation.

Ghost Reveries is a half album, it doesn`t feel complete for me. :erk:
I love atonement and isolation years. They easily par up to songs on Damnation. Even though Windowpane is pretty much the best mellow song on the earth.

Braighs said:
OK great! Morningrise is my favorite album ever. Why am I still posting here? Because Opeth is the greatest band ever, and they never dissapoint with a new release. I hate to see people hating on people for praising Morningrise. Its a great album. But if you want to say you hate Ghost Reveries...move along (paraphrasing Mikael).

Exactly! You like Opeth for Opeth.

I can't think of an opeth song I dont like. If they make a mediocre part in a song, they end up delivering 2 minutes later. They include so much in their songs, there is something for everybody! :D