All you need to know about Finnish language...

Narcisse

Sick as Dahmer did
Nov 23, 2001
Finland
Visit site
Seems like there are quite a lot of foreign (non-Finnish) people here who are at least somehow interested in our fascinating (???), yet very difficult language...
I thouht I'd start a thread where these people could ask us Finnish people anything they want to know.
For example, if you've seen some Finnish texts in a shirt or somewhere else and you'd like to know what that means, this would be the place to find out...
And I think it would be nice for us Finns if you'd tell us what useful words and phrases you already know in Finnish. And if you want to learn some cool and useful phrases, you could also ask those here... I believe that there are lots of Finns, me included, here who would be more than happy to answer your questions and teach you some official BODOM language!!!

I just ordered a book called "Finnish: A Complete Course for Beginners" from Amazon.com. I don't know any Finnish yet but I've been wondering what "perkele" means.

Originally posted by Narcisse
Seems like there are quite a lot of foreign (non-Finnish) people here who are at least somehow interested in our fascinating (???), yet very difficult language...
I thouht I'd start a thread where these people could ask us Finnish people anything they want to know.
For example, if you've seen some Finnish texts in a shirt or somewhere else and you'd like to know what that means, this would be the place to find out...
And I think it would be nice for us Finns if you'd tell us what useful words and phrases you already know in Finnish. And if you want to learn some cool and useful phrases, you could also ask those here... I believe that there are lots of Finns, me included, here who would be more than happy to answer your questions and teach you some official BODOM language!!!
:D kiitos

...and teach you some official BODOM language!!!
:lol:

Paulatron
I just ordered a book called "Finnish: A Complete Course for Beginners" from Amazon.com. I don't know any Finnish yet but I've been wondering what "perkele" means.
Really? It is very old word and it means something like "satan" or "devil" (not always the christian one!), although usually it's not so "strong" word as eg "saatana" ("satan"). I mean, much depends on which way you say it. It can be something like "damn!", but if you say it "from the bottom of your heart" it's one of the strongest words in Finnish language.

"Niin, ja kyllä se suomen kielikin on hauskaa, joo-o.
Yrittäkääpäs ymmärtää tämä, te äidin pikku kultamussukat!"

"so, and finnish is very funny, ye-es.
try to understand this, you moms little sweeties!"

its something like that...=)

fucking yeah...

thats it... i have teached to my cousins in canada the important words of finnish...
they are:

Lisää Kaljaa!!!- More Beer!!!
voi vittu- oh fuck
maksalaatikko- ??? (its kind of finnish food...)
vittu mikä muija- oh fuck what babe...
PERKELE- strong finnish word
anna pillua...-(find it out if you can or say it to some finnish girl...=)
theres many more... but i dont have time to tell them all...

Originally posted by Zicrom
And

"Kyllä se kaunista on.
Nauretaan kaikille ulkomaalaisille saunoissamme."
??

"Yes it is beautiful.
Let's laugh at all foreigners in our saunas."

Heh, aren't we Finnish people funny...? :lol:

And take a look at BurningAngel's post, if you learn all those phrases, I think you're going to get along just fine with Finnish people (especially girls...)

Originally posted by BurningAngel
fucking yeah...

thats it... i have teached to my cousins in canada the important words of finnish...
they are:

Lisää Kaljaa!!!- More Beer!!!
voi vittu- oh fuck
maksalaatikko- ??? (its kind of finnish food...)
vittu mikä muija- oh fuck what babe...
PERKELE- strong finnish word
anna pillua...-(find it out if you can or say it to some finnish girl...=)
theres many more... but i dont have time to tell them all...
Lisää Kaljaa.......... really important this one. I think that we should write here how to say it in our languages...

In Spanish is: "¡¡¡¡Más cerveza!!!!"

:headbang:

Originally posted by BurningAngel
anna pillua
sounds dirty even without translation :p

And take a look at BurningAngel's post, if you learn all those phrases, I think you're going to get along just fine with Finnish people (especially girls...)
there's at least two girls here so you might as well give some nice phrases to us too ;) (that doesn't sound too coherent)

""eks toi saludo oo kahvia...

Päätä päiväsi saludo kahvilla... eks se mainos nii menny... "

It means:
''Isn't that saludo coffee? End your day with saludo coffee didn't that commercial go like that?''

or something like that

Where the heck u got that one?

:)