Almost a POLL: Worst/best taste in music on RC?

Like Ellestin said, I have similar LOVES with nearly everyone on this forum, I just happen to have ridiculously varied tastes, so I don't always mesh with everyone all the time.

Case in point: IotS and I have VERY different tastes, yet he & I both love & worship Rush and Queensryche.

And funnily enough, JayK and I are 2 peas in a pod when we're hanging in real life, but our "forum tastes" are often different, which is funny! :lol:

MadeInNewJersey said:
And funnily enough, JayK and I are 2 peas in a pod when we're hanging in real life, but our "forum tastes" are often different, which is funny! :lol:

Really? Well come to think of it, what people listen in a bar or go see at a show is pretty different to what people listen to at home on the headphones I suppose. I'd probably say 50% of my music is more of a "personal experience".

Actually the iPOD helped that too. Just the portability of it following me around with whatever mood I'm in has been phenomenal. Example: Busy day in the city, the "hustle bustle" of NY...and then on the train ride home: Godspeed You Black Emperor, Swans, or some Skepticism.

Just perfect.

Maybe elitist is the wrong word...maybe more avantgarde/eclectic is what I was looking for.

I guess I might listen to different music on my own time sure, but in that case it'd probably not be metal truth be told. If it is metal, I'm just as likely to listen to Freedom Call or Thyrfing on my own time than I am when I'm out with you (or anyone) really.

MadeInNewJersey said:
Maybe elitist is the wrong word...maybe more avantgarde/eclectic is what I was looking for.

That's absolutely true -- and that's why it's much more personal because music like that is better on headphones, dim lights, solitude etc. Lots of that is actually "escape" for me too: work, kids, noise, traffic etc