Almost a POLL: Worst/best taste in music on RC?

Hell Mike

fuck melodic black metal
Aug 22, 2003
Norrland
www.nasheim.se
Well, read the topic and reply fotmbm/NAD, I can't be arsed to make a poll.

Also post reasons and examples. You may base your choices on whatever you want - who whores your fave band the most, who actually seems to listen to the best music, who is your fave mansex buttbuddy or whatever but remember to state both best and worst. Feel free to examine old threads, last.fm stats or whatever the fuck you want.

__(don't know)___/IoftheStorm

Thats just based upon who I mesh the best with musically.

People who I agree about music frequently include(I'm missing some):
Erik
MFJ
NAD
Doomcifer
Snow2fall

I don't think anybody really does. I mean even Tully listens to ambient stuff on occasion.

Tully likes a lot of stuff, everything from noise to nwobhm to black metal AND MORE! So you love everyone here then with Tully on the bottom of the list?

I love EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE.

No, the only thing that bugs me about musical opinion here are those that rag on a band when they've never even heard them before. Erik will do it to be clevAr, but J. does it because he's weird.

I've been making a shopping list of CDs by the way and I'M GOING ALL OUT AQAURIUS!!!

No shit, I need to ruffle some feathers, shake things up a little in my CD collection. I need a serious break from conventional humdrum.

So here's my "to buy" list:

WHYSALL LANE - s/t
CODE - Nouveau Gloaming*
NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL - In the Aeroplane over the Sea
THE SWORD - Age of Winter (oh man, the samples for this make me urinate in glee)*
RED SPARROWES - At the Soundless Dawn*
SIGUR ROS - ( )
MAXIMO PARK - A Certain Trigger

* done deal pretty much

Any thoughts/comments if you know any of the others? I just feel experimental.

NADatar said:
Erik will do it to be clevAr, but J. does it because he's weird.

Haha, for the first time ever, I threw my iPod on "shuffle". The first track was a song from Kayo Dot. I liked it, and I was surprised at how much I liked it. I guess I caught it at the right moment, feeling exhausted on the train coming home.

And then I listened to Jesu.

And I got to thinking, it's funny that people can like Jesu yet HATE Kayo Dot.

JayKeeley said:
THE SWORD - Age of Winter (oh man, the samples for this make me urinate in glee)*

Wow. You're going to LOVE this. It's going to be on a lot of RC top 10 lists at the end of the year once everyone hears it, mark my words.

obviously, i have the best taste and you have the worst [/tonobodyinparticular]

no, in all seriousness i think my tastes overlap with almost everyone here in one place or another, which is what makes this place so gosh darned special, i just want to hug all you guys

JayKeeley said:
Haha, for the first time ever, I threw my iPod on "shuffle". The first track was a song from Kayo Dot. I liked it, and I was surprised at how much I liked it. I guess I caught it at the right moment, feeling exhausted on the train coming home.

And then I listened to Jesu.

And I got to thinking, it's funny that people can like Jesu yet HATE Kayo Dot.
Cool! And I guess I need to check out Jesu then.

NADatar said:
Cool! And I guess I need to check out Jesu then.

Well, it's not an automatic switchover -- I'm just saying that the reasons J and others list for not liking Kayo Dot can also easily be applied to Jesu.

That said, yeah, check it out. I thought you would have been all over that already!

I downloaded their s/t album awhile back and now I'm listening to it. Pretty interesting stuff!

Dick Sirloin said:
Wow. You're going to LOVE this. It's going to be on a lot of RC top 10 lists at the end of the year once everyone hears it, mark my words.

I heard the two samples on Aquarius....first track, yeah baby.....second track, SOLD!

Back to the original question: I dunno, there's no one I can think of that I don't agree with at some point. Overall, I'd have to say Demonspell, Nate and IotS. Shit, I even agree with J. on a lot of things (Fleurety, Townsend, etc).

I guess the only ones I don't really gel with are the thrash metal maniacs like Tully and footbalm, but that's just because I don't really listen to that sort of stuff too often.

NAD... well, his tastes oftentimes defy logic, but I agree with the idea of eclecticism.

I find myself wanting to discuss stuff like Frank Zappa, Sonic Youth, Current 93, Ash Ra Tempel, Tear Garden and Stravinsky... I swear, the RC forum is the ONLY place on the net where I could start a thread on any of these bands and actually get replies.

Sometimes I think this forum is only about 60% metal. Which is pretty fucking awesome, IMO.

Dick Sirloin said:
NAD... well, his tastes oftentimes defy logic, but I agree with the idea of eclecticism.
You'd be surprised how often I hear this in real life, concerning my taste in anything. Okay, well maybe you wouldn't. :tickled: