Alone or Alone '94?

Which is your favourite?

• Alone (Friden on vocals)

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Alone '94 (Stanne on vocals)

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
Well, to be honest, when i first listened to Alone '94 i thought: "chupi! i'm sooo glad they re-recorded it with Stanne, it's sooo much better now!!!".
Now, for unknown reasons i _think_ i prefer a _bit_ more Alone...
It's such a disgrace and i'm not even sure of it, that's why i refuse to vote :p

i like alone original version better. even though mikael's vox are chupier, the "new" version lacks that certain feeling - of consistency with the rest of skydancer, i guess - and seems quite forced, not spontaneous. i guess skydancer-like lyrics and rhythms fitted best with friden's voice although he's not such a good singer (or was at the time).

rahvin.

Originally posted by Melancholia
Alone for me even though it's Fridén on vocals...
any logical explanation for that i don't have... trolls...:rolleyes:

Exactly my thoughts.
And I think this thread was made after I said something like that to someone in irc :)

Edit: and I second everything on rahvin's post too :) (yeah, it took this long for me to notice it :))

I eventually voted for Alone, what rahvin said gave me a good excuse to do so :D

I voted for the re-done vocals. The difference is not that big though - Stanne wasn't that much better a singer back then, IMHO.

-Villain

I prefer the original version. The whole of Skydancer has sentimental value for me, with Friden's vocals(yes i know Stanne did backing vocals). Somehow Skydancer without Friden's vocals doesn't sound right...

and the band admitted themselves the redone version was a kind of a failed experiment