Dark Tranquillity Song Survivor - round 16 / part 1

Vote for the worst song in the list!

• Total voters

Villain

Doctor BenQuillity
May 7, 2001
Finland
Visit site
And with the Tuska now gone, we return to our normal schedule - DT Song Survivor is back! :D

You hoped it wouldn't come anymore, didn't you? :devil:

To those who haven't been around since this thing started, read the following carefully before voting.

The idea of the DT Song Survivor is to find out the one and only Dark Tranquillity song that everyone likes. Or at least no-one hates. :p Each round (and in each part) the song that gets the most votes is kicked out - which means that you are supposed to vote for the WORST song in the poll. Also, as both these polls (part 1 & part 2) belong to the same round of the Survivor, you are supposed to vote in both parts each round. This is due to the max 20-options limitation in the polls on UM. We started with four polls and will eventually combine the remaining songs on one final poll after a couple of rounds.

We started with 80 songs and are currenly down to 32. This means that many great (IMHO, at least) songs have already been voted off and that pretty much all the remaining songs are masterpieces (with a few possible exceptions). Still, we want you to vote here. Thus, you need to vote for the one that is in your opinion not quite as great as the others. Try to do your best to find the one (plus another one in part 2) and vote for it - we know it is hard, but that applies to all of us.

Thank you and have fun voting!

-Villain

in carmine and crimson stood flaming the sky
the relics of myths that exploded and died
dismantle the sun and the stars in their rise
and rend from the skyline the black in our eyes

I picked Damage Done because i find that the instrumental at the end doesn't fit with the rest of the song.

After pondering this for quite some time (this part appears to be far more difficult than the other), I chose The Treason Wall. It is a good song, especially live, but it just lacks a deeper, more emotional aspect, IMHO. The main-riff that comes around the middle of the song is great, but is clearly not enough in this company of masterpieces.

And I think the ending of Damage Done is the best part of the song and something that sets it above many other very good DT-tunes.

Xzar: It appears you haven't voted yet. And it's Gold, btw. Or was it just a clever wordplay? :err:

-Villain