Dark Tranquillity Song Survivor - round 19 / part 1

Vote for the song that is not as great as the others

• Total voters

Villain

Doctor BenQuillity
May 7, 2001
Finland
Visit site
The 19th round of the Survivor begins - only 25 songs are remaining now!

In case you don't know the rules, read the following carefully:

1. Vote for the song you think isn't great enough to proceed to the next round, ie. vote for your least favorite song.

2. Vote in both parts (1 & 2) of the Survivor - one vote in each poll, thus two votes total per round / person.

-Villain

The Treason Wall, indefinitely. :p

Btw, Thanatos, your vote doesn't show on the poll - please ensure that you actually voted (and that you punched your ballot correctly). ;)

-Villain

edenspring (for reasons, see part 1). i'm astonished at what you could vote. :p

Hours passed in exile (I was hesitating to vote for it, but when intro started I remembered how it was like and pressed "Vote now" immeaditely.)

Emptiness again. At this point it's the only song of the bunch that i don't like.

White Noise Black Silence. well written and well executed but so cold and emotionless...

@hyena: Edenspring?!?!?!?!?!?!
@rahvin: Punish My Heaven?!?!?!?!?!?!
@siren: Emptines?!?!?!?!?!?!

gosh those are my three fav tracks off The Gallery... I find it hard that a DT fan doesn't like something off that album... :D

Through ebony archways.
It's not very impressive, to say the least.

Thanatos said:
Undo Control, definitely
Not a bad choice, my sombrero wielding friend.

Villain said:
The Treason Wall, indefinitely.
Dude, you and your taste....
Does your mother know your DT tastes suck? :p

BuzzAldrin said:
What if: hours passed in exile is a bit boring?
What if I took a bolt of blazing gold and... ..nah, I'll be nice. I'll even buy you some nice q-tips for your ears (with disinfectant balm and everything) :)
So 'boring' huh.. I hope you realize that DT here means Dark Tranquillity and not Dream Theater
...you do know that, right? :p

rahvin said:
my very unpopular choice: punish my heaven. it's probably gonna win these polls, but i still want to try.
No way. There are many others that are better.
..it may get far, but we won't let it win :heh:

TheFourthHorseman said:
The Treason Wall.
Finns.. :rolleyes:
Are you sure you and Villain weren't sipping on a bit too much of that Leijona before listening/voting?

Naku said:
Hours passed in exile (I was hesitating to vote for it, but when intro started I remembered how it was like and pressed "Vote now" immeaditely.)
The intro presents the song in a very very nice way.. It's majestic.. it's one of those intros that you hear and because of it, you must sit and listen to the rest of the song..
You have much to learn, young one :p

Child of Time said:
For once (at least in this stage of the round) it actually seems like my vote will matter.
Through ebony archways
If only we were able to really say that for the presidential elections in the U.S. :lol:
I might've even voted..

Siren said:
Emptiness again. At this point it's the only song of the bunch that i don't like.
Oh there are worse, miss.
sorry! :p

Miolo said:
undo control. i never really liked it that much.
Mmm.. I like how this guy thinks overall regarding DT songs.
If it wasn't for the fact that he's an avid Dream Theater fan, I might even call him 'cool' :p

Strider said:
White Noise Black Silence. well written and well executed...
It is indeed!
Strider said:
..but so cold and emotionless...
What?!
Nooo!
You basta'd.. you should've put on a blanket and had some chocolates while listening to it, if so necessary..
..but not vote against it! >(

Aldraugth said:
Treason Wall, it is good song, but others are excellent.
You're the 3rd clown to vote for The Treason Wall, let me guess where you're from....
Finland eh?..
:p

I can't decide among A Bolt of Blazing Gold, UnDo Control, and Punish my Heaven. I guess I'll wait until later on and vote as is needed..

Arch said:
Through ebony archways.
It's not very impressive, to say the least.
Well, impressive it might not be, but very emotional and unique in the whole DT-repertuare, I dare say. I have found it to be a great soothing "prelude" for Shadow Duet and Through Ebony Archways has been amongst my favorites on Skydancer for many long years. While it is certainly not a masterpiece of similar caliber as the follow-up Shadow Duet (or the magnificent A Bolt of Blazing Gold), I still couldn't bring myself to vote it off now that there are still some rather average (by DT-standards, once again) songs left. Not many,but a few nevertheless.

Strider: On general level I share your sentiment with those three The Gallery -classics, but as a funny side-note I must say that I think White Noise / Black Silence is clearly better than two of them - it is cold, yes, but in a cool :cool:, nihilistic way, which I find intellectually stimulating, if I dare say so. And the excellent lyrics play a large role in that. Intentional, well-executed coldness - almost like in the "Lone Wolf and Cub" -manga, to make a comparison to a completely different artform.

-Villain (running away from working on my graduation-thesis once again)

Through Ebony Archways is very good...one of the best songs on Skydancer. It creates images in my head. White ones, at that.
And I always found the lyrics to White Noise/Black Silence uninteresting...

Leijona (and most other hard (?) liquors of that kind) is fucking terrible.