Dark Tranquillity Song Survivor - round 19 / part 2

Choose the least good song

• Total voters
Villain said:
My only problem is - where have all those who voted At Loss for Words two rounds ago gone??? My faithful henchmen, where art thou? :confused:
:devil:
I turned them ..and those who wouldn't turn I burnt with a cattleprod :heh:

Delirious said:
well, neither do I. heck, it seems I don't even have very much of heavy pounding, double bass, f0ckinheavymetal needs left any more. but that doesn't, as far as I can see, mean that you have to like the parts that happen to include heavy pounding, double bass, f0ckinheavymetal less than the ones that don't include heavy pounding, double bass f0ckinheavymetal...
Ah, that's not what I meant at all, man.
What I meant with that line is something like: It seems that the reason some people may like that song for its ending, is because it's a bit powerful and intense, with double bass and everything.. And what I'm saying is that I can turn to many other bands and hundreds of other songs for much better f0ckinheavymetal, and that (to me) that part in the end of 'Not Built to Last' is not that special or that good in comparison. Or in other words, DT to me is not a heavy-pounding, violent sounding, metal band.. I listen to DT for different reasons than I listen to ..say, Fear Factory or Zyklon (for intense cyborg double kicks |,,/ )

Miolo said:
@mag: i agree on the at loss for words party idea. :kickass: it's clearly the best song on this part of the survivor. it has to go on. :kickass:

<Looks up and sees both Lethe AND Hedon>

I'm gonna let that slide, but don't make that mistake again round these parts, hear?

And no, Mag, the NHP'ers ain't made me retarded yet. Mainly cause I'm rarely there :p. It's more that of the songs, it hits me the very least. To reveal my true opinions, it'll come down to Lethe and Hedon. Again. Time and again, I find them to be the most powerful, most impacting songs to me, and to everyone else, if our previous attempt at this could be trusted.

I'm biased though. I got into DT as Haven was released, and went out and bought The Mind's I a week after getting Haven in the mail. Hedon, since then, has been my song - the one that I can always go back to and listen to and never grow tired of. And though I desperately tried to fend off Lethe, it too has grown on me, leaving me with a bit of a conundrum for the future of this thread...

~kov.

Right now Auctioned, On Your Time and Single Part of Two have 3 votes each. From this bunch i like Single Part the least, and i love the other two, so you can imagine where my vote goes.

the polls are finally reaching the boiling point where dt fans actually start arguing over which song is the best one.

*leans back in his chair, folds his hands over his lap, and grins maliciously*

villain and i got you people where we wanted you.

MagSec4 said:
Ah, that's not what I meant at all, man.
What I meant with that line is something like: It seems that the reason some people may like that song for its ending, is because it's a bit powerful and intense, with double bass and everything.. And what I'm saying is that I can turn to many other bands and hundreds of other songs for much better f0ckinheavymetal, and that (to me) that part in the end of 'Not Built to Last' is not that special or that good in comparison. Or in other words, DT to me is not a heavy-pounding, violent sounding, metal band.. I listen to DT for different reasons than I listen to ..say, Fear Factory or Zyklon (for intense cyborg double kicks |,,/ )

I see what you're pointing at (or some similar expression that actually exists).
it's a question of how you use the words, I guess... I mean, as stated, I like the ending for being powerful and intense, but not in the sense of ":kickass: :Shedevil: *air gutar and headbanging* :headbang:". but you're probably right about some people liking it because of it being on of the more "metallic" moments on the album.

I entirely agree about turning to dt not because of them being you-know-what (them remaining my beyond-all-competition favourite band while my need for hp, db, fhm seems to be at least temporarily put to sleep making that even more obvious to me).

anyway, this is beginning to sound like an uncalled for personal defense campaign so I think I'll just shut up before, uhm, it sounds even more like an uncalled for personal defence campaign.

so, i gotta vote here too aye? dis was easier than the previous vote i should say. 'auctioned' is the worst song, heck, its the worst dt song in my opinion. dun get me wrong, i luv stanne's clean voice, but the song is juz too draggy and the lyrics kinda corny. anyway, wat the hell are the lyrics about? him trying to get rid of his unwanted stuff? :loco:

'A Single Part of Two' is one of my least liked songs in that list, especially for the fact that I don't like how it starts off.. (though it does gets better later)
But it seems it doesn't need help getting kicked out in this round.. so I voted 'Mine is the Grandeur..of Melancholy Burning' I like the whole first part, it sounds nice, but the rest drags.

Kovenant84 said:
Hedon or Lethe MUST win. It is the natural way of things, and I will force reality to conform to that by force of will if need be.
My friend, the natural way of things has 'At Loss for Words' in the very fragile thread of existence, life, and death. Try as you might, you'll just get sat on your ass on any attempt at bending the true ways.
:heh: