alright, come on and tear this apart

No, you're new. I hate when people use age as an excuse. Song content isn't really my thing but there's some good beginner sides of mixing. Needs a lot more bass, guitars need more mids and bottom end, they sound pretty thin. What are you using?

No, you're new. I hate when people use age as an excuse. Song content isn't really my thing but there's some good beginner sides of mixing. Needs a lot more bass, guitars need more mids and bottom end, they sound pretty thin. What are you using?

I agree.

I'll comment your mix when I have time, but for now I have to say it really gets on my nerves when people say "I'm young" and stuff like that. I am 16, do my best with what I have and was I 14 or 30, if I had the same level of commitment, my mixes would be as good as they are now. I'm not saying they're the best (not at all), but they're definitely not the worst either.

So never, ever again comment on your age as an excuse for a bad mix. We don't give a fuck.

guitarRig, for me has never even really been a good starting poin, have you tried any of the free software which is promoted on the forum? Like the nick crows amp sims.

The impulses with nick crows should give you a much better sound. Do you know how the impulses combined with the amp sim work? Shove on BTE TSS, Nick crows 8505 and load s-preshigh with kefir or boogex. Then mess around with the settings.

The overall mix sounds a bit bright to me (the hihat kinda hurts my ears). Vocals are maybe a bit too loud, and never like autotuned vox

Urgh, Guitar Rig. That shit does not do good modern metal tones, period.
Buy a real amp, cabinet and SM57.
Failing not being able to afford that, hell even POD Farm takes epic dumps over Guitar Rig for modern metal.
If you can't get a good tone out of 8505, you're just lazy, no offense.
Take the effort and time to get a good sound of it, because it is there.

Here's some shit I've done with POD Farm and Nick Crow:

8505:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1663306/Rose Of Sharyn Nick Crow 8505.mp3

POD Farm

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1663306/Rose of Sharyn POD Farm Re-amp 2.mp3

Both a little sludgy (but that was intentional, I can easily tighten them up if I wanted too), but the point is it gives you an idea of what they can do.
There is no way in hell you can say that those clips don't have way more meat and testicles to their mids.
With POD Farm, I did it all in POD Farm (that is, no impulses using the Line 6 Boost+EQ for my pre-amp boost)) and with 8505 I used s-preshigh with Tube Screamers Secret for the boost, using Voxengo Boogex as my impulse response file host

I'd personally remove that chorus on lead guitars, death vocals are not bad, but compress the shit out of them in order to make them smoother.

The clean vocals are somewhat rough (and mixed a bit high compared to the rough vocals), try to flatten them with an eq.

Lack of bass in the mix, more like in each individual elements (the bass drum, for instance, seemed relatively bass-lacking) than in the bass guitar itself. Hi-hats are way too loud and trebly.

I'd change the guitar tones overall, they lack a lot of low mids. Bass too, which I'd split into a compressed to hell track high passed to 200hz and then a clangy track ran through whatever you want with distortion and then low passed at 200hz with less compression than the other one. I'd also edit the guitar DIs a tad, they can be somewhat sloppy like at the beginning, though the dual harmonized leads weren't.

Apart from that, compress that snare a bit more and pump some 160-200hz in there and/or other samples to fatten it up, sounds kind of thin.

Still, keep on doing your best, that's a pretty good beginner mix in my opinion. :)

Thanks for the input! Im working on my bands EP or whatever you wanna call it haha. Im trying to get the best sound possible. Last night I tried using the nick crow amp sims and the guitar tone sounded really weak...I dont know what im doing wrong haha...anyone wanna help me out here?

your problem here is the drums, they sound fake and they lack alot of punch. The kicks attack tought works fine with the bass hits, I suggest keeping the kick's sample and high pass it so you can add or remove some click to another kick sample that has more low-end punch.

Thanks for the input! Im working on my bands EP or whatever you wanna call it haha. Im trying to get the best sound possible. Last night I tried using the nick crow amp sims and the guitar tone sounded really weak...I dont know what im doing wrong haha...anyone wanna help me out here?

How much gain are you using on 8505?
Because compared to the real amp heads, they aren't as gainy.
8 on the gain on 8505 is like 5 on the gain on the real amp

TBH the main problem here is the drums. The rest is totally workable with (yes the vocals need work to make them good)

That high hat is raping my ears.

edit: the guitars are fine. They don't exactly blow my mind but they're ok for now

Okay So I took my friends peavey revalver hahah and the tone sounds good except on the guitar edits it sounds super super weak

okay lets scratch that^. Ive been working for two days straight in guitar rig 4, peavey revalver and 8505. And I cant get anything to sound right! maby I just don't know what im looking for, or im not setting it up right. help!!