Alternative Rock that does not suck.

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
My rock collection is anemic. Can some of you fine blokes give me some bands that don't play absolutely contrived pretensious bullshite? I'm not looking for anything overly technical. Just good ole standard rock that will make you rock your head back and forth in fervor. Certainly there must be 1 or 2 good modern bands out there?

get the new LIFE OF AGONY !!! ... not alt rock ... but this record is just great.

FOZZY is good too ... as is INTERPOL

lurch70 said:
get the new LIFE OF AGONY !!! ... not alt rock ... but this record is just great.

FOZZY is good too ... as is INTERPOL

Fozzy slays. The other two aren't what I'm looking for. I'm looking for music in the vein of Rearview Mirror circa "All Lights Off" album.

I shall check out the band beautiful creatures and dresden dolls within the hour. Thumbs up or down soon to come. ;)

lurch70 said:
THE DRESDEN DOLLS ... german 40's cabaret mixed with rock ... weird

Saw them live 2x before they became all cool and trendy... fucking amazing. The drummer has the most intense energy if you see them live (especially since they were about two feet from us).

this chick I am seeing made me listen to them ... they scare me ... in ways that BM does not :loco:

Failure's Fantastic Planet is a really good rock album. It's nothing hard or fast, just a collection of some really good radio-friendly (though only one was ever actually on the radio) tunes from the time when everyone was sucking the cock of grunge.

just got the Dresden Dolls playing in the background too .. I like them ... try "The Jeep Song" and "Missed Me"

try these guys also (been pimping them, but nobody listens) ... THE BROUGHT LOW
they are a local NYC band, not signed yet ... but have a huge buzz in NY ... they just opened this past week for the Chilli Peppers and Snoop Dogg at some festival here ...

www.broughtlow.com

a good dose of old fashioned rock without the bullshit and posturing

I really think NAD you would like these fuckers alot!!!
http://www.stonerrock.com/interviews/index.asp?InterviewID=141

interpol, thank you! been trying to remember that name for weeks.

blind melon
unida

queens of the stone age
mark lanegan
mars volta
pearl jam
zwan
nirvana
john frusciante

and a lot more. this type of shit probably accounts for 75% of my music preference, or something.

lurch70 said:
I really think NAD you would like these fuckers alot!!!
http://www.stonerrock.com/interviews/index.asp?InterviewID=141
cool, will check out.

and god dammit, not interpol, FUCK! some other group that snow2fall, speed, and maybe lurch were talking about a few months back (maybe longer), a band that began with the letter k maybe? i believe they were british, sorta loud not-so-punk punk. "tell me i want to, ah-ah-ah-ah-ah" repeat a whole lot. DAMMIT!

help me out? :cry: