Am I abnorman DT fan?

Darth Jester

Oct 5, 2011
I'm not completely new to Dark Tranquillity but not an old fan either, I jumped in around Character.

The question is, is it weird only to like 2 albums? :) I worship Damage Done and Character is next in line... but no matter how much the earlier (or latter) albums get praised, I just haven't gotten into them... (yet?)

Anyway, right now it feels like these 2 albums makes DT my favorite band... well, at least top3 material! Those 2 albums are different from all the others......

I'm also a "new" fan....Misery's crown is the song that got me! Still gotta listen to the old stuff.... So sue me! ;-)

Well ok ok, keep your pants on! Jeez...

Pants firmly secured, belt in place. If you don't get the Gallery, they will have to come off and be replaced with a skirt.

If you manage to prevent this calamity, you should then get Haven. After that, it's anyone's guess what you should do. Getting the Mind's I will make some people lose their pants, while keeping on that of others. Projector will make most people's pants fly off, even though there are a few who hold their pants firmly in place over it (I would argue they just are in denial about their pants coming off).

The Skydancer / Chaos and Eternal Night LP / EP split album is a definite pants-person pleaser. It's also a different era of heavy metal a long time gone. So you should branch from DT if your pants stay on during that album, for there are a lot of good albums in that era (of low production quality).

Ok, I have no idea what you just said! Something with pants coming off....?

No just kidding, thanks for helping out a DT-virgin. I'll sure check that stuff out.

The gallery = legendary

Not to be a Jedi street preacher, but it really is. The rest of DT's catalogue is that of a very good band. I would argue, however, that they haven't released something as comprehensively soul-scorching as the Gallery since. If the rest of DT's albums had the same musical impact as the Gallery, they'd be considered one of the best metal bands ever (rather than just one of the best today, which is nothing to scoff at).

Easily one of the best 5 metal albums of the 1990s, imo.

Not to be a Jedi street preacher, but it really is. The rest of DT's catalogue is that of a very good band. I would argue, however, that they haven't released something as comprehensively soul-scorching as the Gallery since. If the rest of DT's albums had the same musical impact as the Gallery, they'd be considered one of the best metal bands ever (rather than just one of the best today, which is nothing to scoff at).

Easily one of the best 5 metal albums of the 1990s, imo.

That can easily be argued, especially with Projector and Damage Done. Noob.

That can easily be argued, especially with Projector and Damage Done. Noob.

I feel as though that is quite harsh and indeed incorrect as he clearly states "I would argue, however, that they haven't released something as comprehensively soul-scorching as the Gallery since. If the rest of DT's albums had the same musical impact as the Gallery, they'd be considered one of the best metal bands ever (rather than just one of the best today, which is nothing to scoff at)." Which obviously indicates that he is actually stating his opinion along with some what elaborated-on speculation. I also feel as though it is possibly churlish to deny The Gallery its brilliance and indeed agree that it 'set a scene' or exemplified its style. That is my opinion and my speculations on the topic.

I feel as though that is quite harsh and indeed incorrect as he clearly states "I would argue, however, that they haven't released something as comprehensively soul-scorching as the Gallery since. If the rest of DT's albums had the same musical impact as the Gallery, they'd be considered one of the best metal bands ever (rather than just one of the best today, which is nothing to scoff at)." Which obviously indicates that he is actually stating his opinion along with some what elaborated-on speculation. I also feel as though it is possibly churlish to deny The Gallery its brilliance and indeed agree that it 'set a scene' or exemplified its style. That is my opinion and my speculations on the topic.

Anyone underestimating the importance of Damage Done and especially Projector may freely be called a noob, though.

Anyone underestimating the importance of Damage Done and especially Projector may freely be called a noob, though.

I didn't suggest the former and I vehemently disagree with the latter. Projector is not their best work ever, and I'm not the only person on planet Earth who feels that way.

Thus, why I told one of the posters that Projector wasn't normally a pants pleaser. I'm not wrong on that count. Is it subjectively a good album for some people and important for the band's musical evolution? Sure. That doesn't mean the album stands on its own! I don't think it does, at least, and one of my three favorite DT songs is on it.

I didn't suggest the former and I vehemently disagree with the latter. Projector is not their best work ever, and I'm not the only person on planet Earth who feels that way.

Thus, why I told one of the posters that Projector wasn't normally a pants pleaser. I'm not wrong on that count. Is it subjectively a good album for some people and important for the band's musical evolution? Sure. That doesn't mean the album stands on its own! I don't think it does, at least, and one of my three favorite DT songs is on it.

I do hope Naglfar knows I was joking when I called him a 'noob', which I certainly know he's not. Still, I do think Projector is, objectively, an excellent album.

Like what you want, OP. It's weird to be obsessed with what others think about your likes and dislikes. Part of being a metalhead is to like what you do and not give a fuck about anyone's insignificant opinions.