Am I the only guy who hates Ibanez?

The 7620 muddy and thin??!!...I think mine must be a faulty one because mines neither. It was smart with the Dimarzio's in, and even better with EMG707's in. Haven't played any 7's that touch it in the 9 years I've had it. But, I hate Les Pauls, so it's all personal preference I guess.

Hooray for Ibanez (especially the 7620!!)

I hate to disagree, but i baught a Schecter A7 at a flea market for $150 and it blows away the 7620. It's the basswood body. Basswood is the worst material to make a guitar out of IMO. that's what all the low to midrange Ibanezs are made out of. There's just no defintion to it. I hacked up my Jackson Dinky for the same reason, it sounded like shit. I partial scalloped the neck and put it on an ash Robin body and and it kicks ass.

axed.jpg

I get great rhythm tracks out of ALL my Ibanez guitars. The ones with pickgaurds give you that, well, pickguard sound.:lol: I have a couple of those, that I just don't play that often anymore. The versions I own without the pickguard RULE!!! I use Duncan SH6s and SH13 Dimebuckers in em, and they sound fucking great! Schecters and Gibsons made out of all mahoghany sound the best for riffs for sure. I hate STOCK Ibanez guitars, but all you need is hot pickup. All guitars are like that. My Ibanez will stay in tune forever though, even with all the whammy shit I do. I love em.

Well, thanks for your Ibanez rant. That was great. At least I know i'm not alone.

I checked out the Robins... man those are some butt-ugly guitars. That, & the custom headstock has to be the goofiest design I've ever seen. What's the deal with the custom shop? Can you get fixed bridge/EMG/non-gay headstock designs?

-0z-

lol, ur right bout the look of some of their axes.. ;)
i really like the medley though, you can get any pup-configuration or whatever you want, coz these beasts are handbuilt anyway.
i just came across them 'cause i got an old medley off of ebay pretty cheap, and it has got a faster neck than ibanez, bolt-on, a floyd and weights less than any strat or other guitar i've owned (cept for the fl v medalllion i gave roland grapow), but despite all that it still has got more sustain than any paula i've had!
i just yould not believe how a floyd-bolt-fast-neck-guitar can sound that punchy...
although i gotta admit it's a rally gay-80ies-hairspray-looking guitar;)
2163.jpg

but i do like the headstock-shape tho
just ordered my sig.-model with strings-thru, black finish and emgs... cant wait to hold it in my hands ;)

here you can get a slight impression of how great the necks look (on all the robins!)
btw. i've had one ibanez that did not totally suck, it was a customshop usa masterbuilt...that axe was actually pretty cool!

not as good as an esp or such, tho

I love Ibanez! Best guitars you can get for being a broke ass!:headbang:

Plus, the MMM1 is the best baritone i've ever tried so far! better than Schecter, Esp, Fender......have not tried Fernandes yet, but definately wanting to!:loco:

I bought me a new guitar last year. I tried a lot of jacksen alot of ltds, some gibson and one ibanez.

The hz or mz (I always forget guitar names) this guitar has a very massive boddy of mahagony. This guitar sounds so much better then all the others I tried.

then I put a dimebucker in this guitar and my favorite guitar was born.

So fuck off you too expencive gibson and esp fuckers:)

I have to say, Even the Jap Jacksons, (xseries and up) are AMAZING guitars.

I own an Rx10D and a USA made KV2.

My Rx10D has been gutted to high hell, repainted, repickuped, everything, had some of the top wing snap off and has more battlescars than Arnie.

Even then, it sounds and feels AS GOOD as the KV2.

The necks are totally different and they have different pups (RR is EMG, KV is SD invader) but i've gone through a hug epassive phase on the RR too and i think that for the price, a Japanese jackson CANNOT be beaten.

In the last two years that I spent looking for a guitar I had a bit of experiance with Ibanez. I tried a few of the more upper class models. I didn't like what I heard, or felt, and just barely managed to get over what I had to look at while I was playing them. They do have many things about them that I don't like. There is one thing that Ibanez have made that I do indeed LOVE, and would hope to own one, or at least a copy of one sometime in the future. I don't know what the modle is, but it's finish is a natural stain, looks like a normal strat body, but has a part cut out just behind the bridge. Henrik Danhage uses one in the clip to Evergrey's The Masterplan.
Does any one know what model it is? I've tried searchnig the net but haven't had much luck.
Cheers for any help. Appologies for the slight hijack.

Daniel

:headbang:
Haha, cheers man. I think just based on my previous experiance with Ibanez i'd be more likely to get one custom made locally with a similar body. I does look pretty cool the way it is, though I think the fins could be a bit thicker.

yep. agree re: Ibanez=shite. When I was looking for a new guitar a few months back, I tried out a load of new stuff and most of it lacked balls. I hadn't bought a guitar in years and was really unimpressed and uninspired and worked out that it was probably best to go for something 2nd hand and exactly what I wanted. I was kinda after a relatively old school metal sound with some balls to it, so tracked down an old original ESP Horizon on evilbay. It's the same one as Page Hamilton from Helmet used to use and I simply love it. The most playable instrument I've ever owned......and it chunks up nicely. I normally prefer fixed-bridge models like Les Pauls, but this was too good a deal to pass up at the time and I love it. It still has the stock passive pickups, but they're great.