Am I the only guy who hates Ibanez?

Sounds like you guys all played the shitty low end guitars. Music stores don't stock the good ones. My Sabre sounds phenominal, gison-ish with a little more bite to it. The USA made Prestige series are really good too. Metal's tough to record, alot of Ibanez's are more built for soloing than metal rhythm, they're made out of basswood because it's cheap and light. Look at the history too. Ibanez got famous building copies that were better than the originals. But now companies are cranking out lowend budget guitars because they sell more than a siganture guitar.

That is my point. The good ones are twice as much as other guitars you can get with the same quality i.e. ESP

Speaking of Ibanez. saw Necrophagist live recently, and Muhammad was playing an Ibanez with a stealth body. His tone crushes into the Engl's.
:headbang:

i've played nothing but ibanez basses since 1990, i play a six string bass now and im gonna scale down back to a four string in a month....i love the twang you get with ibanez basses....as far as guitars, my old guitar has three of them and they all are broken....dont know if it's cause of him or poor manufacturing.

Found a pic of Muhammad's Ibanez

BEHOLD

112118Necrophagist0013.JPG

I have a 1991 RG570 with DiMarzio's that will crush you.

That's probably a very nice guitar. I've worked with a metalcore group that brought one in loaded with EMG's and it was fantastic....
I'm only bitching about the newer el cheapo models my clients keep bringing in. It's kinda like racing in the Indy 500 and they bring a sailboat.

Fuck, give it a rest, dude. Your WAY over exaggerating. Do you think every guitarist in the world can afford a fucking Les Paul Custom? Those "El cheapo" guitars are priced for beginner guitarists, and broke mutherfuckers. Ibanez makes decent "beginner" guitars, and great high end guitars. ESP, Jackson, Ibanez, Schecter, Gibson. Fuck, they all have "el cheapo" guitars, made in fucking Korea, for christsakes! If your judging who makes the fucking "Best" shtty guitar, well than I say Schecter makes the best shitty guitars.:lol: And all these companies offer their lines of quality crafted guitars for experienced guitarists, who can appreciate the craftsmanship. Hey, I LOVE all my IBANEZ guitars. They're not the "cheapos", believe me! They are all made in the USA, and JAPAN, and they fucking RULE! I have one guitar made in Korea, and it's a SCHECTER with mahoghany, set neck, $500 special. You really get what you pay for with all these companies, even Schecter has the cheapy $300 bolt on.

man! Haters everywhere

I have an rg550 I bought in 1988, it has a seymour parralell axis humbucker in it, stays in tune for weeks at a time and has the sleekest neck ever made. I will be buried with that guitar. I use heavy gauge strings, thick picks and play it like a fucking man into a good rig.

I have recorded shitloads with it and have no problem getting killer tone from it. In at least 4-5 projects other guitarists used it instead of theirs because it sounded better.

I've never met a stock guitar that didn't need the stock pickups replaced, even $3k les pauls, I dont think thats an Ibanez thing thats a stock guitar thing.

I will say that my 77 goldtop kills it tone-wise, but it is the only guitar that ever did, and again, it doesnt have stock pickups either.

I guess what I am trying to say is....FUCK YOU

HA HA

Easy guys, I'm just venting... that's all. :heh: Like I said at the beginning of this post, they're wonderful lead instruments... no question about it. If you dig your Ibanez, more power to you. If we all liked the same stuff, music would be really fucking boring. I'm not assaulting anyone's character here: If you can get a great rhythm sound out of a basswood one, well, you're a better guitar player/engineer than I am. All I really wanted to know was if I was alone in my loathing, and apparently, I'm not. It's not meant to be a personal insult to the Ibanez fans.

Ok, debate over... peace be with you & merry fucking Christmas! :kickass:

-0z-

I own 2 ibanez's and they rarely get played these days however the one that does get played is an AX something-or-other.

This thing has the stock pickups and I reckon it sounds heavy as fuck through my dual recto. It just has this big fat bottom end crunch. Having said that I wouldnt use it to record...

It shits on my RG... even after i have replaced the pickups.

Anyway that is all... neither defending or bashing

I own 2 ibanez's and they rarely get played these days however the one that does get played is an AX something-or-other.

This thing has the stock pickups and I reckon it sounds heavy as fuck through my dual recto. It just has this big fat bottom end crunch. Having said that I wouldnt use it to record...

It shits on my RG... even after i have replaced the pickups.

Anyway that is all... neither defending or bashing

HA lol: thats probably one of the cheapest Ibanez guitars but it ownes over the mid range ones! I used to play one liked it. I think the person I barrowed it from got it for 200 bones. By far the best cheap ass guitar I have ever played.

Anyway I always hated Ibanez, but I still remember my guitarrist when he brought in his great Petrucci model, fuck the best Ibanez guitar I ever played, nothing and I say nothing among all ibanez's can compete with that thick fat tone guitar, simply the best.
Anyway Sz's are great guitars, but you have to try a lot of 'em to find the one that is well crafted, I've seen so much inconsistency in the manufacturing.
But for me Jackson/Gibson/Schecter work so good, best guitars outthere.