AMARANTHE announces US headline tour

Actualy, having listened to both albums recently in their entirety (yard work - it helped), I could absolutely see Amaranthe being a bigger hit in Miami than in central FL. It's their poppy/Industrial crossover style. Crank up "Electroheart" and you'd get scantily clad tanned Miami bunnies bopping all over the place, on the bartop, on top of stools, hanging from rafters - all with neon citrus colored lights swirling all over the place.

Amaranthe has that "Miami Sound Machine" vibe going that could actually get people in a club - if there was proper marketing in that area. South Florida has a completely different dynamic than Chicagoland or the Atlantic Northeast. It is also hella out of the way, and once you go to Miami - you have to turn around... or go to Cuba. Probably explains why no dates there.

I just sent Electroheart to a guy who I know here and works as a club DJ. I asked him for an awesome techno/electro mix for the song Electroheart (as if it really needed more), as I agree with you 100% that this song could do very well in a nightclub (if given a little "treatment").

Looking forward to the result.

There is no stopping the ZOD!!!

Zod circa 2007 with his musical interests:

time.gif

Zod circa 2013 with his musical interests:

500full.jpg

"Guessss Whoooooo"
LOL

Anybody heard anything through the grapevine about the unannounced shows?

Really hoping for something closer to NC, so I dont have to bus 8 hrs away.

I want to hear no excuses from anybody about why they can't make it out to one of these shows if it is near them. I am going to be 37 weeks pregnant when they come around to NYC, and I will try my hardest to be there!
Awesome. Looking forward to this show immensely. Who else will be going to NYC?

Three more West Coast dates added! Everybody come out to the shows!

Jul 28th - Las Vegas, NV - Las Vegas Country Saloon
Jul 29th - Scottsdale, AZ - Martini Ranch
Jul 30th - Hollywood, CA - The Roxy Theatre

Actualy, having listened to both albums recently in their entirety (yard work - it helped), I could absolutely see Amaranthe being a bigger hit in Miami than in central FL. It's their poppy/Industrial crossover style. Crank up "Electroheart" and you'd get scantily clad tanned Miami bunnies bopping all over the place, on the bartop, on top of stools, hanging from rafters - all with neon citrus colored lights swirling all over the place.

Amaranthe has that "Miami Sound Machine" vibe going that could actually get people in a club - if there was proper marketing in that area. South Florida has a completely different dynamic than Chicagoland or the Atlantic Northeast. It is also hella out of the way, and once you go to Miami - you have to turn around... or go to Cuba. Probably explains why no dates there.

Well typically, the way it would work in a club would be a DJ playing it, not the band, so the band's presence is a non issue.

Pretty tough to break out in that circuit too. You need a hit on beatport to get DJs to care about it, or some major endorsement from a famous DJ like Skrillex or Tiesto or Big Chocolate or whatever.

Well typically, the way it would work in a club would be a DJ playing it, not the band, so the band's presence is a non issue.

You, sir, are a buzz kill.

Doesn't make you WRONG, just a buzz kill.

With the popularity of Pitbull in Miami, I'd like to think a live show like Amaranthe would have some traction.

$10 says that tiny ass place is packed as fuck for that show. I do love that venue though. Who's promoting that show? It's not Tony's go to spot, so I'm shocked it's not at 910 Live.

According to the flyer it's Luckyman who is promoting the show. For $13 a ticket that place should be packed. Bruno Mars played there a few years ago right before he hit it big, so there's been some really cool shows there.

I'm not so sure on that, If they broke 200 on the weekend in some spots I would be very surprised. Just trying to be realistic, there were less than 300 at the two Swedish dates on the Strato/Ama EU tour... That's their hometown too!

BUT I think some of the shows will very much depend on how hard the promoter promotes it. I hope they sell out every club they play, but I would bet on 50-120s on an average for this first run.

I would not be so sure Camden ;)

I would go see Amaranthe in a blinding blizzard. Unfortunate that they start the tour on 7-17 and I leave for Ireland on 7-17.
Funny how these things play out.

[DRAGONLAND]Olof;10646065 said:
I would not be so sure Camden ;)

hehe there's probably a pretty good reason the tour doesn't come to the southeast lol! that's where most of these numbers are found.