AMARANTHE announces US headline tour

I'm not so sure on that, If they broke 200 on the weekend in some spots I would be very surprised. Just trying to be realistic, there were less than 300 at the two Swedish dates on the Strato/Ama EU tour... That's their hometown too!

To be fair, the Swedish live music scene is really weird. Alot of bands don't do all that well in Sweden, even many "local" bands like Dark Tranquillity play to probably half the amount of people at home in Gothenburg as they'd play in a major German city (not counting a big festival like Metaltown - we're just talking club gigs here). There are few exceptions like In Flames, but yeah, you'd be surprised how small that scene is compared to Finland or Germany.

To be fair, the Swedish live music scene is really weird. Alot of bands don't do all that well in Sweden, even many "local" bands like Dark Tranquillity play to probably half the amount of people at home in Gothenburg as they'd play in a major German city (not counting a big festival like Metaltown - we're just talking club gigs here). There are few exceptions like In Flames, but yeah, you'd be surprised how small that scene is compared to Finland or Germany.

I saw Dark Tranquility with Firewind opening play here in Las Vegas in 2009 to a whopping 35 people.:lol:

I just ordered my tix for Amaranthe for the Las Vegas show. They were $10! each plus the venue utilizes Ticketfly, so the fee was only $1.50 (suck it TicketBastard). The venue they are playing, LVCS, is pretty nice, right on Fremont Street Experience.

I'm going to see them tonight in Cambridge! Not sure if anyone else here will be, but you should say hi if you see me! (I'll be the only guy wearing an Elvenking shirt!)

HMM, up front it was pretty packed and there were some stragglers in the back, so I would say maybe 200-250 people. More people than I was expecting honestly.

I was front and center :D And yeah, the crowd was pretty good. I think the tour is going better than the band expected; they only had one shirt, The Nexus album and single for sale, and the shirt was already out of smalls and mediums.

Caught the show tonight in Las Vegas. Audience was I say about 80-90 people but very loud for being so small. The venue, LVCS, which is located right on Fremont St. is pretty nice for shows. The opening band are locals called Scicocis, typical modern melodic death metal, nothing that I haven't seen a hundred times before. The second band, another local band called 21 Strong were AWFUL. Imagine the all worst and cliche parts of the Deftones, Hatebreed and Korn thrown into a blender. Next was Kobra and the Lotus, they were pretty good but suffered from bad front of house sound. Actually all 3 bands did but it really showed during KatL set. Finally Amaranthe came on and the front of house sound got cleaned up. The songs were equally split between both albums.

Setlist (from what I remember)
Invincible
Leave Everything Behind
1,000,000 Light Years
Serendipity
Afterlife
Infinity
Burn With Me
Mechanical Illusion
Rain
The Nexus
Amaranthe
Electroheart
Call Out My Name
Hunger

Time for my male chauvinist pig to speak, Elize Ryd is a breathtakingly beautiful in person and the skimpy outfit she wore left little to the imagination

They didn't play Electroheart in Boston :/

I didn't like Kobra at all, and unfortunately this is the second time i've had to suffer through them. They are definitely talented, but generic and I found the singer's voice so fuckin obnoxious. Idk if she's trying to emulate Rob Halford or something but it definitely isn't working (for me anyways, but what do I know? Everyone around me was going apeshit, which was kind of funny because I was front and center, bored as fuck during their set).

While I did like Amaranthe's set alot I wish they would have played Stardust and Director's Cut

Agreed on both counts. Personally I would've loved to have heard Enter The Maze (my favorite track of theirs) and Transhuman instead of 1,000,000 Lightyears and Automatic (both of which are only ok in my opinion).

The crowd in Denver was better than I expected, there were probably 250-300 people showing up and filled the tiny venue nicely. I hope they try to make a break into the US market, from the diversity of the crowd there I think they might have a shot.