Amazing Godheads Lament video

nat0

Sep 6, 2008
Damn, fucking nailed it here.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itIq38JK7us&feature=related[/ame]
Ok sorta bad quality mix but still awesome.

Yay!!! Lopez on drumz!!! No one grooves like him!
With this classic lineup they don't have a single sucking moment!

..."what would they say, if I was gay... oooh noo, oooh oooh..." pure classic!

Dont get me wrong, great song, but I think it lost its steam a little bit after 7.20, repeating the chorus, didnt add anything new to the song for the next 2 minutes, just repeated the same passage as at 3 minutes. sort of lost its steam, wouldve been better in my opinion to go straight to outro riff

The solo was awesome.

@Xarthaz : I don't really agree with this. Opeth don't really often do that kind of song structure and I believe it is perfect in Godhead's Lament. And the last riff couldn't enter in a better way.

Dont get me wrong, great song, but I think it lost its steam a little bit after 7.20, repeating the chorus, didnt add anything new to the song for the next 2 minutes, just repeated the same passage as at 3 minutes. sort of lost its steam, wouldve been better in my opinion to go straight to outro riff

Welcome to 1999.

I think the video is... good..
but not as good as it's played nowadays by opeth.
Per is definitely missing, i mean not only his work on the keyboard, his backing vocals are missing too.
...and the backing vocals in general.

BTW: I saw them this summer, they played the song, fucking awesome!
and when the passage came with the "aah ahh ahh ahh"s (you know? 7:50 in the livevideo) mike, fredrik and per sang it together. great moment.
also the "ahh-growl" from mike with fredrik's and per's backing vocals was amazing!

i hope you know what i mean :D
but i think if you compare the video with the song on the album you'll understand ;)

i can hear a few mistakes here and there, but its understandable, given the song being performed.

It was very cool to see the old lineup, but thats in the past, I think we have an equally good/if not better line up touring at the moment.