Burden video?

Yeah....that's not what I'm saying. I mean, you didn't read it on account of the BIG WORDS, OW MY BRAIN but that's not what I mean.

They're actually getting LESS money. I could understand it if the video would actually result in LONG TERM continued sales, but portraying Opeth as something they're not and ignoring how to build a long term, sustainable fan base is fucking stupid. Sure, they'll sell some more CDs, which WILL generate some new fans...but they're just going about doing so in the most backwards, inefficient way possible.

this is no surprise given RR's track record - they don't give a fuck about a band's staying power. Just see how fast they shoved death metal to the side in the 1990s after flooding the market with Cannibal Corpse/Florida DM ripoffs, then immediately jumped on the nu-metal band wagon, and now they're back on the "real metal" thing. Roadrunner is all about a quick buck with most of their bands, and whoever is running that company needs to think about what they're doing.

oh wait, tl;dr

Did four letters really made you that butthurt? :lol: :lol: :lol: I stand by my point, the label won't choose what's best for the band, only what's best for themselves.

I'll give you guys some hints.

google.

myspace.

better quality.

kthxbye.

thanks alot!

wow, the video truely sucked! super ultra useless footage with random chicks in dresses and then the band playing singstar in some empty schools assembly room, well done! ...not.

Meh, who cares about the video anyway, I have my Watershed cd with the complete song and that's what matters to me :)

Man, every time I post here I'm reminded of what this forum used to be and how incredible shitty it is now. Median age has got to be 14 or 15 years old.

Did four letters really made you that butthurt? :lol: :lol: :lol: I stand by my point, the label won't choose what's best for the band, only what's best for themselves.

haha man, you continue to miss the point completely.

this isn't somethingawful - go easy on the internet lingo dude. but i will let you know if i am "butthurt" by any of your abysmally idiotic posts.

i enjoyed the video for one reason and one reason only.
that was Per's keyboard solo

He abso-fucking-lutely mashes those potatoes.

"Segundo corte del disco Watershed, dirigido por Lasse Hoile, muy copado!"

What's the point of making a video and then restricting its viewing availability? I thought they were supposed to be for promotional purposes?

When you searched for the video it appeared in the search results, with the comments included, but after you clicked on it, the "This video has been removed...." message appeared. I think he copied the comments from the search thing.

i enjoyed the video for one reason and one reason only.
that was Per's keyboard solo

He abso-fucking-lutely mashes those potatoes.

Greatest part of the Video indeed.

It was an alright video. Im not gonna bitch and moan just because the director doesnt understand what Opeth is.. Thats his problem for not knowing.