Burden video?

I thought the video was actually pretty sweet, Per is amazing in this one. I don't know why everyone is bitching over these videos, it's in their contract to have a certain number of singles and videos to go along with it. It's called the music business, get over it.

I used to like Lasse Hoile's work a lot but his directing has been pretty cliche and mediocre lately. The recent videos (PT's Normal, Porcelain Heart, Burden, Pineapple Thief's Shootfirst) are pretty much, sorry, all crap.

Porcelain Heart was really Opeth-y in my opinion. Spooky insane men, some old mansion, killing, old time period, sheets over the furniture....how more Opethy (in a very direct sense) can you get? It was certianly better then The Grand Conjuration, but even then, that video did a good job of portraying the mood of the song (although it did a horrible job of having anything to do with the video and it looked like a lame horror movie). But this new Burden video....WTF? Its Opeth, playing in a auditorium, with vauge scenes of a few cool cloth effects. I could seriously have made this video myself!!!!! and I could have thought of a way cooler idea....

It'd have honestly been way cooler, to FINALLLY have just filmed Opeth playing in a fucking forest. Not the most original idea, but it could have fit their Watershed photoshoot, and Opeth have been obsessed with trees since the beginning (lmao so many of their songs talk about forests and treees and that kind of scenery). And just make it cool with some close ups and good angles. Dark Tranquillity pwnd at a music video that was shot in one room with no story at all, just a performance. And they killed it (meaning it was great) so why couldn't Opeth do that in the woods?

You can even tell all the memebers of Opeth thought of themselves as bafoons for doing this music video, you can see it in their eyes while their playing/singing. >.> And its stupid that the music companies control the videos....why can't the band just have some imput on the video >.<?

But that one has a question mark.

The band stuff was nice. With the empty hall and all. Nice mood.

The other stuff i didn't get. Wonder if the creator did?

It'd have honestly been way cooler, to FINALLLY have just filmed Opeth playing in a fucking forest. Not the most original idea, but it could have fit their Watershed photoshoot, and Opeth have been obsessed with trees since the beginning (lmao so many of their songs talk about forests and treees and that kind of scenery). And just make it cool with some close ups and good angles. Dark Tranquillity pwnd at a music video that was shot in one room with no story at all, just a performance. And they killed it (meaning it was great) so why couldn't Opeth do that in the woods?

Lol, enviro-band.

Anyway, Sanzen was making some great points even though there was more spirit than need be. You covered just about everything I thought in your posts and I agree. (RR/storyline/two contrasting themes that don't even relate ie the band performing in nice venue + the guy, the girl prancing about with a ribbon wtf?) More importantly is them cutting up the song, it's getting to be very annoying, it's like listening to music is only having time to play those "5-minute games" on miniclip.com at work, it just makes the song lose its depth. Even the editing wasn't all that great; i'd have preferred having the camera fixated on the guys playing their solos than watch alternating frames put together.

And whoa at Per's beard, didn't even recognise him, lol.

If you wanna watch a better quality version : http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/video/view.aspx?songID=2362

You can even leave your comments TO Roadrunner if you so wish Sanzen :saint: :p

Tbh I couldn't find it, and last time I checked it there was no discussion on the vid after it had been taken down so I posted the official vid with a link everyone can access, while I was at work before I even watched it, when I was supposed to be working - how nice am i?! Anyway, nevermind - discuss in the other thread.

Tbh I couldn't find it, and last time I checked it there was no discussion on the vid after it had been taken down so I posted the official vid with a link everyone can access, while I was at work before I even watched it, when I was supposed to be working - how nice am i?! Anyway, nevermind - discuss in the other thread.

And some would thank you for this special attention :). I do.