AMD FX-6100 vs Intel i7 2600

Aug 16, 2011
www.youtube.com
Hey guys,
I'm trying to find the right pieces to build my custom computer. This computer will be especifically for recording.
I guess this is one of the most difficult decisions. The AMD FX-6100 is a Six core @ 3.3GHz, while the Intel i7 2600 is a Quad core @3.4GHz.
What would you guys recommend me? My sessions usually have about 15-20 tracks with a lot of VST's. Let me know your opinion :).

I've always used AMD exclusively since moving from my old Pentium II, but I'm not afraid to admit that the i7 is fucking killing everything right now. This is really the first time there it seems there isn't a super toe-to-toe competition with a cheaper AMD alternative. The i7's just flat out rule.

As someone was mentioning earlier, Intel is about to drop Ivy Bridge, so it might be good to wait until those are out as there might be a price drop for current CPU's.

I've always used AMD exclusively since moving from my old Pentium II, but I'm not afraid to admit that the i7 is fucking killing everything right now. This is really the first time there it seems there isn't a super toe-to-toe competition with a cheaper AMD alternative. The i7's just flat out rule.

As someone was mentioning earlier, Intel is about to drop Ivy Bridge, so it might be good to wait until those are out as there might be a price drop for current CPU's.

+1 to this.

AMD is dominating the low to mid priced market right now, but the i7 is definitely the way to go for high end.

Hoping they drop prices so I can finally update my studio computer. Not that it's expensive right now to fully deck out a custom PC if I build it myself... but the processor is definitely the most expensive part right now, and if they drop the price of the old i7s, I'll be more than happy with the "old" technology :kickass: