Amesoeurs

the-great-cold-distance

Throbbing Member
Dec 12, 2006
Hellbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
40.jpg

Anyone heard this album? In all seriousness, if you dont like it you have shit taste in music.

http://www.myspace.com/amesoeurs

The new album is great, I only wish they'd have meshed the black metal/post-punk together more instead of having the tracks be one or the other.

I heard the EP and liked it, post-punk mixed with black metal seems like a pretty good idea. Though, with all the grey urban imagery you can kinda tell this band REALLY wishes they were Joy Division. I'll give the album a listen sometime though, cause they're not bad by any means.

Kind of funny to find this album here on the forum hehe,
well I really like it, especially tracks like "Trouble (Éveils Infâmes)" and "La Reine Trayeuse" ..
at the first it was difficult for me cause I usually don't like lyrics in french, but the mix of genres
seems very interesting and I like depressive music anyways o_O .. crazy ha? :rofl:

Ha, thanks for reminding me. I meant to check these guys out not long ago. I saw the album cover and thought it looked amazing (has a bit of a Viva emptiness look to it don't you think?), but I couldn't read that damn font!

It looks really good though, and I'm liking the music.

I listened to the album once some weeks ago and it didn't make me come back to it. I might give it another shot some time, but currently other music is taking up most of my time.

And in all seriousness, I have never met anybody with a better taste in music than myself.

........And in all seriousness, I have never met anybody with a better taste in music than myself.

Haha, I like this comment! I also think the same.
I've yet to meet anyone with better taste in listening to music than myself:p
There are those of you here equal of course but none better!

I think this band has some really good ideas/concepts and sounds, but I honestly wouldn't find myself having it in my collection. Just doesn't really pull it off for me personally. I think it's the vocals I don't care for too much. Not bad at all, but not "my taste" exactly.

It needs more good 'Ol Fashion Southern Gospel influences before I can give it a home in my Christian cd collection.

I would agree that the vocals are the only negative thing about them, but I think they fit with the music. Therefore, they are not much of a bother to me. Some of her screams are pretty sweet. I have never heard such a passionately powerful scream as she pulls off in the Faiblesse Des Sens track from the EP. Amazing.