Amon Amarth - Australian Tour Dates (April 2012)

have been chatting with a lot of of the metal heads down here about the shows. everyone is just about having kittens because they're that excited. bring it :D

First time i've used the internet in nearly 2 years hah. Figured after i heard about this i'd make a post or 2. Fucking Killer. hopefully going to visit my brother is Brisbane for this aswel as going to the Melbourne show. Money is hard to come by being an apprentice so we'll have to see what happens.

Hopefully me & or CLint can convince the guys to do Victorious March at melbourne (if it's not on their setlist).

First time i've used the internet in nearly 2 years hah. Figured after i heard about this i'd make a post or 2. Fucking Killer. hopefully going to visit my brother is Brisbane for this aswel as going to the Melbourne show. Money is hard to come by being an apprentice so we'll have to see what happens.

Hopefully me & or CLint can convince the guys to do Victorious March at melbourne (if it's not on their setlist).

it's not on the setlist, bro. well, not on the setlists that i have seen that they're currently playing. i don't blame them though. the guys must be sick to death of that song!

that said, i couldn't stop playing it when i got given the all clear with the cancer. wooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

hope you can get to a couple of shows, bro! it's just me doing a bit of a tour this year (syd and melb). it's going to be weird not having you or clint with me interstate. if i can manage to get more time off and have the energy in me, i'll do brissy or adelaide as well.

enjoy Brissy, Vaughan brother! wish you and Clint were coming to Sydney with me! see you both in Melbourne on Monday night!

One more sleep until I fly up to Sydney! very excited! :D

fuck, what an amazing gig, nearly 20 songs!! didnt get to catch up with any of the band up here which was a bit of a shame, but ah well, cant fuckin' wait for the melbourne gig. and a bit of a down side, i bought a hoodie and had it round my waiste and when i went into the pit for a bit it got ripped off and i didnt see it again, fuck! ill have to get another one at the melb gig. as they say, shit happens!

have a mad one Gazz!! speak to ya very soon!

Mate from the cruise posted the Brisbane setlist:

AMON AMARTH in Brisbane last night. Epic show.

Played for two hours, and a great great great setlist.

Ears are ringing, back is sore, neck is sore, but a really good night and something I really needed.

Full setlist:

War of the Gods
Runes to My Memory
Destroyer of the Universe
Live Without Regrets
Thousand Years
Pursuit of Vikings
For Victory or Death
The Hero
Valhalla Awaits Me
Slaves of Fear
Fate of Norns
Bleed for Ancient Gods
Under The Northern Star
Free Will Sacrifice
Cry of the Blackbirds
Death In Fire
Victorious March
-------
Twilight of the Thunder God
Guardians of Asgaard

Video:
The Hero - http://youtu.be/w28gVLLIJbE
War of the Gods - http://youtu.be/C1PfsnX1WrM

sydney was insane! i did what i wasn't supposed to do and crowd surfed. ted saw me and laughed hahaha.

security got real nasty when i got over the barrier. they hate surfers in sydney! oh well.

bring on tonight!

melbourne was AMAZING!

had dinner with Fred, Clint, Vaughan, his gf and a few others before the show.

got to the fourth track of the night and Johan said something along the lines of this "we don't usually do this, but this song is dedicated to a special friend of ours who beat cancer. you know who you are! live without regrets!"

i just about lost my mind when they dedicated that to me. it meant so much! i was a very happy Viking and did not expect that at all! :D

got to go backstage after the show as well which was great. it gave me a chance to thank the guys for all their support and well wishes when i was off crushing cancer (and to wish Ted Happy Birthday) :D

WHAT AN AMAZING COUPLE OF SHOWS!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D