Amon Amarth confirmed for Sounds of the Underground!

^^ A-fuckin'-men

So, I'm seriously thinking about going to the Philly show now. Gonna hafta start growing a viking beard then. Anyone else that might be going to the Philly show?

^^ A-fuckin'-men

So, I'm seriously thinking about going to the Philly show now. Gonna hafta start growing a viking beard then. Anyone else that might be going to the Philly show?

I'm thinking about it. I might just go to Sayreville instead....Testament:kickass:

Yes, I agree, the lineup sucks minus AA. They moved it this year to the San Jose State University event center instead of the Shoreline parking lot. I think it should stay parking lot status for its apparent gayness haha. Wow they must have been really desperate to put Heavy Heavy Low Low on the lineup...I used to go to school with those dorks, and they were emo if I remember correctly...so I am guessing the rest of the lineup follows the same line. I am skipping this show for sure, no offense to AA.
AA in a hotel/tour bus with an emo band :Smokin: Sounds like an episode of Metalocalypse

It really sucks the AA aren't the top billed. AA is way better than the others in the line up. The Time Warner cable Amphetheatre is an outside covered venue and the sound isn't too bad. I was there last Friday night at the Machine Head-Megadeath-Heaven and Hell concert...had 6th row tickets. I understand that SOTU will all be general admission. Tickets are under $30.00, which is reasonable. I think there will be about 10-12 bands on stage that day. They will be in Columbus the day before. This sounds like pure exhaustion, I have seen the dates...no rest for the wicked.

I'm pissed for the sake of the people in Slovenia...

Anyway, maybe I'll go. I put up with Trivium's shit to see AA, so to fork over 50 bills to see a 20-30 minute set sandwiched between sub-par acts may be worth it. I don't expect an overly-stupid crowd at the Myth in St. Paul anyway.

It would be pretty nice to see Gwar. And a guest showing by Suicidal, Testament, or even Behemoth would be a nice surprise.

Bring $50 for a sweatshirt and a couple cases of brew and hope for the best...

I also am dissapointed in the band line up. I hate American death metal its just screaming and hitting strings but Melodic Death metal from europe kicks ass and im still going just because AA is gonna be there its all worth it. But if anyone ends being able to figure out exact time AA actually comes on i would appreciate it if you can let me know so then ill go when they come on and not have to sit through stupid bands.

I also am dissapointed in the band line up. I hate American death metal its just screaming and hitting strings but Melodic Death metal from europe kicks ass and im still going just because AA is gonna be there its all worth it. But if anyone ends being able to figure out exact time AA actually comes on i would appreciate it if you can let me know so then ill go when they come on and not have to sit through stupid bands.
There actually are good North American death metal bands out there too, such as Nile, Beneath The Massacre and Necrophagist :kickass:

definately want to go see them in orlando, i might, but its sort of a long drive, and theres a bunch of bands im not interested in.

I'd like to go see them sometime, but it's not worth it for me to go, the closest place to me is New Jersey. I would pay 50 bucks to see Amon Amarth to play, even if it's only a few songs. Is there any chance that they're going to add a date in New York, Boston or Hartford? It seems odd that the tour is skipping all three when they're all pretty big cities. And why do so many of the bands suck? :mad:

I'd like to go see them sometime, but it's not worth it for me to go, the closest place to me is New Jersey. I would pay 50 bucks to see Amon Amarth to play, even if it's only a few songs. Is there any chance that they're going to add a date in New York, Boston or Hartford? It seems odd that the tour is skipping all three when they're all pretty big cities. And why do so many of the bands suck? :mad:

it's not the bands it's the taste of the listeners, those bands are on tour cause they are generally popular in states, if anyone is to blame it's definitelly not the bands but the majority of morons that like some of those bands, had there been a greater demand for AA quallity metal I'm sure you would see a lot more "better" bands

it's not the bands it's the taste of the listeners, those bands are on tour cause they are generally popular in states, if anyone is to blame it's definitelly not the bands but the majority of morons that like some of those bands, had there been a greater demand for AA quallity metal I'm sure you would see a lot more "better" bands

That's true, but it's easier for me to be mad at the bands, so that's just who I get mad at, even if it's unjustified. And are there as many poor quality bands that make a ton of money because of marketing overseas?

Anyways, I really hate how much some of these tours suck.

That's true, but it's easier for me to be mad at the bands, so that's just who I get mad at, even if it's unjustified. And are there as many poor quality bands that make a ton of money because of marketing overseas?

Anyways, I really hate how much some of these tours suck.

Agreed. So many good tours just have that band that you have to sit through to get to the good bands.

Dimmu had Devildriver
Dark Tranquillity had The Haunted(sorry,just not that much into them)
Lamb of God had Trivium
Dragonforce had He is Legend

etc....

no matter what tour it is, there's always that one band that makes it suck.

Well, unless you live in Europe.:kickass:

I actually liked Devildriver, however watching the hardcore kids during Unearth made me want to blow my brains out. I gave them a good shove or two. :puke: I was psst that i had to go through that and missed Kataklysm.