Amon Amarth in the States?

CaffeinatedViking

The Tall Skinny White Guy
Aug 3, 2004
CoMo, USA
Hey, guys. Rookie user here, so go easy on me.

I was just wondering if Amon Amarth might ever make a stop in Missouri the next time they're in the US. I'd love to see them live, and they're a huge inspiration for me.

Thanks.
-Nick

$HaMbLeZz said:
and, there is no us tour confirmed yet, but i think their will be one soon

Good, cuz I'd kill to see them. As long as they perform locally, tho...I can't go out of state just to see a concert, even if it is AA. Hell, I didn't even make it to St. Louis when Cradle of Filth was with Ozzfest.

They probably will. They stopped at Pops, I believe, last time they were here in the US. I'm hoping they come closer to Columbia sicne I would only have to walk to downtown Mizzou to see them. That and I could student charge my tickets.

But, yeah, I don't see why they wouldn't stop SOMEWHERE in the state. I hope they do, anyways.

CaffeinatedViking said:
I can't go out of state just to see a concert, even if it is AA. Hell, I didn't even make it to St. Louis when Cradle of Filth was with Ozzfest.

You make it sound as if Cradle of Filth is something worth seeing.
COF = Hardcore suck.

CaffeinatedViking said:
Hey, guys. Rookie user here, so go easy on me.

I was just wondering if Amon Amarth might ever make a stop in Missouri the next time they're in the US. I'd love to see them live, and they're a huge inspiration for me.

Thanks.
-Nick

I doubt they'll come to USA anytime soon...Its a money thing I think

I've got my fingers crossed they make it to the states. I live in the NJ/NY/PA area, so if they come to the US, they'll most certainly play somewhere in driving distance. Right now, they are the band I want to see live most.

Zod

Tomasz said:
they definitelly should, but will they, I doubt it

from little that I know is that euro bands need a visa to play in canada, and visas, especially working visas tend to cost a lot especially if the band is only to play a hand full of shows

Actually Amon usually comes by Canada if they come to North America - they did for The Versus The World tour and for Metal Gods (with Halford, etc) and they played at least one other show in Toronto a few years before that (before I knew about them). I think if Amon comes to North America at all Canada has a good chance given the past record.

The real question is will they come to North America period.. I would have figured the US tour would be right after europe but apparently not, how did it work for Versus the World? Were the tours right after each other, I can't remember.

Unfournately iron me I wouldn't hold out much hope for Saskatchewan, as I think the usual stops are Montreal and Toronto and maybe Vancouver (but I'm not totally sure about that).

bleah said:
The real question is will they come to North America period.. I would have figured the US tour would be right after europe but apparently not, how did it work for Versus the World? Were the tours right after each other, I can't remember.

here's AA brief US tour summary from what I remember

2001 - Milwaukee Metal Fest
2002 - Tour in February I think, can't remember
2003 - 2 Tours in Spring and one in Fall

They toured extensively for VTW soon after it was realeased in States, which was like 4 months after euro release. The euro tour for VTW was actually right in between their two spring US tours (I think). So I guess there really is no specific tour pattern to which they stick. One would think that the tour should take place soon after the album release while there is still some buzz.

Well, I hope they come here soon before I get too old for this shit.

They came here once for a tour where they were supposed to open for Marduk, but Marduk cancelled, and AA played the tour anyway. It's small gestures like these that turn casual fans into major supporters, of course. :) Must've been the 2002 one you mentioned. They had a decent crowd at that gig, so I hope it'll be worth their while to consider touring here again.