Amon Amarth in the States?

they're pretty good with coming to north america
they've played at the lawerance bottleneck in missouri
they've come to toronto 3 times since 2002
i'm hoping for a tour next spring/summer

Tomasz said:
they definitelly should, but will they, I doubt it

from little that I know is that euro bands need a visa to play in canada, and visas, especially working visas tend to cost a lot especially if the band is only to play a hand full of shows
There is a fee for every visa (and application) if you wanna spend more than a few months in Canada, working. I'm paying for a Skilled Worker Permit however, which cost even more because if you score the right amount of points on the test, and thereby qualify for the permit, it means you can stay permanently. And become a Canadian citizen after 3 years.

Patric said:
There is a fee for every visa (and application) if you wanna spend more than a few months in Canada, working. I'm paying for a Skilled Worker Permit however, which cost even more because if you score the right amount of points on the test, and thereby qualify for the permit, it means you can stay permanently. And become a Canadian citizen after 3 years.

I see that you're doing your homework and are slowly getting ready.

Patric said:
that's really cool that you want to come to canada
where abouts are you going to be heading?

Tomasz, how could I know you'd say that. Seems like I know your style pretty well by now, and I'm still saying all that stuff (ie. i wanna have a girl and a stabile life just like you etc. etc.) when I drink.

Babydoll: I'm coming to Ontario actually, in Toronto. That's going to be fucking nice and feel free to visit me and my pits. It's probably going to be in Suburban Toronto because of the lower costs.

Patric said:
Tomasz, how could I know you'd say that. Seems like I know your style pretty well by now, and I'm still saying all that stuff (ie. i wanna have a girl and a stabile life just like you etc. etc.) when I drink.

Babydoll: I'm coming to Ontario actually, in Toronto. That's going to be fucking nice and feel free to visit me and my pits. It's probably going to be in Suburban Toronto because of the lower costs.
toronto's not too bad to live in... but yeah it is cheaper to live in suburbia... except the fact that public transit SUCKS
i'm living in suburbia now and i have to drive everywhere... but it depends on the area you're living in and what not
you'll probably see me at shows and what not... there's kind of a core crowd that goes to every show... i am... however not part of that... but i do try to go out out to every show... people just don't talk to me... or my friend... it's strange... 'cause i'm honestly not leperous!!
when are you doing the big move?
give me a shout if you're ever interested in knowing one more person in canada krazykitty@rogers.com

Whoa, a core crowd. Like, old school hardcore. Superjoint Ritual and shit, so cool. I don't fight very often though but I am a BOXER.

I always thought the public transport was easier in Canada heh, but I guess I'm wrong. Depends really on where one works, ya know. I'll meet you at shows definately. When I'm not doing that or boxing or working, I suppose I'll be very much to myself and my Staffordshire Bull Terrier called Jaws and we'll walk the woods.
Yeah I saved your E-mail, thanks!

btw I'll be moving with this guy maybe:

{5A1F80AE-87A4-46C5-BE8F-A9D4F89B5E10}.jpg

I saw them in the US in clevland Ohio. It was sickening listening to the other bands that played before them. Revenge, was terrible beyond belief. Vehemence, was just bad, Behemoth went off stage for like 15 minutes to rub coal on thier faces or something. When the singer motioned for me to headbang, I looked him in the eye, shook my head, and said no. Then Amon Amarth came out. What the hell could be better than to listen to Amon Amarth live. Oh man, that was fucking insane. I think I almost permanently injured my neck. Last with Pagan blood has to be my favorite song by them. But with listening to thier latest album. I think that "Fate of the Norns" comes in close to my fav. Thier music means more to me than something to headbang to, it actually is deeper than that. I listen to the lyrics and just get caught up in the entire sound blasting away. A band that can be as Heavy as that with so much melody in the guitar playing. And not to mention the adrenaline pumping trem work. Its got to be Amon Amarth.

I guess Tomasz and I need to stop seeing AA, in the US or in Europe we always seem to go home or to our tent really drunk. Ahhhh these silly swedes what a bunch of happy drinkers. Wrestling with Johan is not a good idea either nor was it to spill his Fosters. All in good fun....

:headbang: :headbang: hello i´m from méxico iam very happy :worship: because Amod Amarth they´ll visit México the next year i´m a metalgirl ok good bye :wave:

yessi said:
:headbang: :headbang: hello i´m from méxico iam very happy :worship: because Amod Amarth they´ll visit México the next year i´m a metalgirl ok good bye :wave:
hey metal girl we would be very happy as well if we could find a place to stay for a day, we're unofficial members of AA, how bout that? also transportation from and to venue/airport is kindly requested

I certainly hope they make it back to Dallas, Texas, USA! I've seen them twice here, and definitely need to see them again! I was lucky enough to see them headline when they toured for VTW. Deicide was supposed to headline, but as usual, they didn't bother to show up, so Amon Amarth got the headlining slot, and played a full headlining set. And man, did it kick ass! I cannot wait to see them again! I saw them again when they played with Vader/Kreator/Nile, but they only got a short set. Still, they really tore it up, as always. So Here's hoping for a full US headline tour!

Well, I think it's very brave of AA to do some shows in Mexico. I'm sure the Mexican girls will go crazy for the Norsemen...
I'm in touch with some Apocalyptica fans in Mexico, maybe they might be interested in AA too.