Amon Amarth's logo font

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the confusion, I do NOT have the font :(

I've been after it for ages aswell.

:cry: Pity :cry:

Previous message in this thread diverted to the downloads section in the German fan page... but the font to download is not Omnia TT... nor do I know what to do with the zip file that downloads from the website.

I realise it is an OLD topic, but someone must still be about who knows about it? Or anyone into graphic design who can point is in the right direction to a free download?

I really don't know whether it is worth it to spend money on font libraries when you only see a tiny "lorem ipsum" fragment. I would like to download this and other similar fonts, just for personal use?

Y'all do realize that the band was formed before some of you were conceived yet - as in before there was such a thing as the internet and downloadable fonts etc - and that the font has been the same since the band went from being Scum to Amon Amerth, right? It might just be that it's not available to download for free, because it might just be that someone originally drew it free hand way back when...and maybe it's copyrighted?

Y'all do realize that the band was formed before some of you were conceived yet - as in before there was such a thing as the internet and downloadable fonts etc - and that the font has been the same since the band went from being Scum to Amon Amerth, right? It might just be that it's not available to download for free, because it might just be that someone originally drew it free hand way back when...and maybe it's copyrighted?

not true! i believe first amon amarth logo was this

thor-arise.jpg

Mmmm, could be. I'd have to look. I have the first AA demo somewhere in my basement, but I could have sworn it had the regular font on it. I think the dudes did that cover up themselves, cuz it's photo copied in black on white. But then again, if it's available to buy on-line, then there's no issue anyhow. I just thought it might be something that was old enough it was not available, in which case it's a waste of time searching high and low for it.

I think the original post actually named a font, whether or not it's exactly identical to the logo font I don't know...

Mmmm, could be. I'd have to look. I have the first AA demo somewhere in my basement, but I could have sworn it had the regular font on it. I think the dudes did that cover up themselves, cuz it's photo copied in black on white. But then again, if it's available to buy on-line, then there's no issue anyhow. I just thought it might be something that was old enough it was not available, in which case it's a waste of time searching high and low for it.

Please make me very happy and post a picture of that! :worship:

I'm sorry to make everybody dissapointed, but the Thor Arise demo was never official released and therefore did not have a cover. The first logo was the one on the first edition of The arrival of the fimbul winter. I think it's displayed under discography on the homepage.

Ted/AA

I'm sorry to make everybody dissapointed, but the Thor Arise demo was never official released and therefore did not have a cover. The first logo was the one on the first edition of The arrival of the fimbul winter. I think it's displayed under discography on the homepage.

Ted/AA

That's too bad...
Would love to own an un-official copy though, hahaha.

See you tomorrow in Amsterdam! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.