Amon Amarth's top 5

1. legend of a banished man
2. without fear
3. for the stabwounds in our back
4. god his son and the holy whore
5. where silent gods stand guard

im glad to see fury divine is on quite a few lists... i remember way back when i came on here making a big stink about how awsome the song is and most everyone was like "but this and this are better". seems like some of us listened to it a few more times and realized how awsome it is and it caught on over time. hopefully its added to the set list on their next tour =D

Brainkisser said:
Yeah, more love for Down the Slopes! :headbang:

Here's one more for Down the Slopes, I've heard VTW countless times, but it wasn't until the past few months that the song became one of my favorites, it's one of AA's best examples of music projecting the song's story. That bass line in the middle is made for Odin's charge toward Fenrir, and the song's main riff has the perfect melancholy/epic tone of his death.

I've known about Amon Amarth for some time, but just picked up a copy of Once Sent From The Golden Hall a couple weeks ago.... I deffenitely need to be getting some more. Of that CD, I'd say

Ride For Vengance
Without Fear
Victorious March

Oh yeah, I'm on a tight budget cause im trying to save up like $1300 for a halfstack, so I dont think I can get All the Amon Amarth CD's... They all sond awesome but If you could only get 2 besides Once Sent, what would you recomend?

I guess I'm very untraditional since I really prefer Avenger to the other albums. Nevertheless, here are my top 5 in no specific order

Death in Fire
Bleed for Ancient Gods
North Sea Storm
Metalwrath
A fury divine

This was really difficult. I've never had so much trouble picking 5 songs in my life... Amon Amarth really are that good, eh :)

RideForVengance said:
I've known about Amon Amarth for some time, but just picked up a copy of Once Sent From The Golden Hall a couple weeks ago.... I deffenitely need to be getting some more. Of that CD, I'd say

Ride For Vengance
Without Fear
Victorious March

Oh yeah, I'm on a tight budget cause im trying to save up like $1300 for a halfstack, so I dont think I can get All the Amon Amarth CD's... They all sond awesome but If you could only get 2 besides Once Sent, what would you recomend?

Well i'd choose Once sent from Golden Hall and Versus The World... but besides Once Sent, i believe The Crusher and The Avenger are equally good... maybe you should get The Crusher just because The Sound Of Eight Hooves track is awsome

^^^Either way, The Crusher wins. I would Have also casted my vote there.

Anyway fav songs as of now in no order . . .

-The Sound of Eight Hooves (pretty popular I see)
-Death In Fire (IMO one of their most badass songs)
-Sorrow Throughout the Nine Worlds (I almost cried to this song once, I guess for me you could equate it to a devoutly Christian person seeing Mel Gibson's "Passion")
-Once Sent from the Golden Hall (Makes me wish I owned a horse)
-Thor Arise (NOTHING has ever made me want to smash stuff more than this song. So brutal. Especially in the earliest version where the toms are pounding relentlessly. And the outro riff is amazing, surpassing even "Without Fear's")

I really need to hear more of the band, but so far my top five would be:

1. Death in Fire
2. Victorious March
3. Under the Greyclouded Winter Sky
4. Where Silent Gods Stand Guard
5. An Ancient Sign of Coming Storm

I'm very impressed with 'Sorrow Throughout the Nine Worlds'. I think I'll look into some older Amon Amarth very soon...

As "Norns" is out, I have to tell you my top 3 on that album so far:
1. "Persuit of Vikings" (incredible guitars and breaks, also outstanding playful voice)
2. "Once sealed in blood" (reminds me of Motorheads "Killed by death", great entertainment!)
3. "Arson" (interesting lyrics and very well done all the way through)

i´m a little bit confused now with fate of norns beeing out.

persuit of vikings is in some situations my favourite, in others metalwrath or other old songs... (onky for example)
each different song is very good, so that i haven´t any favourites anylonger.

1. Victorious March
2. Death in Fire
3. The Fate of Norns
4. Sound of Eight Hooves
5. The Dragons' Flight Across The Waves

i feel so bad cause i said some stupid shit about amon amarth ut then at wacken my blonde sexy danish friend tobie said thayt johan actually greeted me so theyre all good guys and i feel bad cause i love these guys, man. im also fuckingf drunk