AMONG THE LIVING In Hot Topic Stores...

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
...not that you all didn't think it was a classic, but does this mainstream attention after all these years sort of 'officially' make AMONG THE LIVING their 'Black Album,' or their COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION?

What are your personal thoughts on the album?

Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's the band's "sellout" album. I'd relate it more to Master of Puppets or Peace Sells-- an album that's recognized by many as the band's best album.

I don't agree with Among the Living being their best, though. It's a helluva good album, but it lack the things that make Spreading the Disease their best for me: Joey's undeniably BEST vocals (what the fuck happened there, anyway? To go from a potential great as far as power metal vocalists go to shockingly mediocre is a very sharp drop!), along with their-- in my opinion-- best songs and nearly unlimited re-play value. No filler whatsoever. (Whilst Among had a bit of filler on its B-side.) Spreading the Disease needs more props! :/

Yep, Spreading has Joey's best vocals BY FAR, he killed on every song. Don't know what happened. Imagine P.O.T. with John singing...best metal album in history, Joey just didn't cut it. I love Among too, but Spreading has the best vocals and all-around best album. IMO of course.

It's probably considered their "classic" album by most. Not sure if Hot Topic really has any bearing on that or not.

My question to you would be, why are you hanging out in Hot Topic?:erk::lol:

...not that you all didn't think it was a classic, but does this mainstream attention after all these years sort of 'officially' make AMONG THE LIVING their 'Black Album,' or their COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION?

What are your personal thoughts on the album?

their black album is sound of white noise

Yep, Spreading has Joey's best vocals BY FAR, he killed on every song. Don't know what happened. Imagine P.O.T. with John singing...best metal album in history, Joey just didn't cut it. I love Among too, but Spreading has the best vocals and all-around best album. IMO of course.
I agree. I have no idea what the fuck happened either. It was very saddening for me, though. :( If he took some time to have some voice lessons I think it would've done him a world of good. As a Band Geek I can already tell you he breathed completely wrong. :p (Believe it or not this has a big impact on voice quality, ESPECIALLY live, when you're as active as Joey was. When you breathe from your chest instead of your diaphragm you get tired FAR more easily, and this of course makes your voice sound pretty shit.)

I understand, but I never refered to it as their 'sellout' album. But I guess you came to that conclusion when I mentioned Metallica's "Black Album..." :lol:

I just meant it as their defining classic...

Master of Puppets is usually considered Metallica's classic; Black Album their sellout except by perhaps big critics. :p (I don't agree with either, Ride the Lightning OWNS both of them. No shit.)