• Metallica - Master Of Puppets

Votes: 20 54.1%

• Total voters

Thrashard

Whistler's father
Mar 11, 2002
Mbarara
Visit site
they all say Metallica's MASTER OF PUPPETS is the best Thrash-album of all time, the best metal record of all time and some say it's the best piece of music ever recorded. do you think the same? or do you think there are better options for the best metal album of all time?
when it comes to AMONG THE LIVING vs. MASTER OF PUPPETS which one do you prefer?

I like ATL, but Puppets was a game changer for thrash metal. With Puppets, Metallica raised the bar for musicianship, technicality, and tight performance to a height that was never achieved before then. In some respects, I believe that ATL attempted to follow that, because Anthrax's songs became more aggressive, faster, and technical, but it didn't quite reach the level of Puppets in my humble opinion :)

Puppetz, no contest!!

And I agree with the poster above me. Among isn't even Anthrax's best album. Spreading the Disease, Persistence of Time and Sound of White Noise are all better, IMHO.

X2. Joey's best album is STD, his worst is SOE. POT is great but lacks the proper voice. ATL is good, but I don't think it's their best.

MoP is a great album. Probably Metallica's best. Still not as good as SOWN.

This is an opinion. If you don't like it, lump it.

I used to like MoP so much, but being older makes you wiser. The "best" Metallica album, to me, is Kill 'em All, followed by RtL. Among the Living is more fun to me, which is what Thrash Metal ideally should be. Master of Puppets is a great metal album, but not the greatest Thrash album. Among is thrashier. For better or worse, Master of Puppets brought too much innovation to thrash, eventually, ironically, almost killing Thrash (thankfully, it never went away.)