Among the Living VS. Master of Puppets

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Read Ultra Boris' review of the album at www.metal-archives.com, he's harsh but right on the money on a number of points.

It's fast and brutal (for a 1984) and doesn't have a waltz on it like Master of Puppets does.

haha i remember waltzing to it last time we were pished at my house! And i dont mean the toxic waltz lol!

Among for me, just amazing songs. not one i dislike. I love MOP as well tho. The only safe place by abattoir puts both to shame tho mwahhahahaahahahahahahahahaha check it out!

I never did get the big deal over Master of Puppets, other than the title track and Battery. Maybe Damage Inc. too, but that wasn't that incredible really...

ATL....the wierd thing is about puppets for me is that i can see it fucking rocks its genius and it pobably should be my favourite tallica album,but theres just something that doesnt quite do it for me and ive never been able to put my finger on it the whole 4 years sinse owning it....AJFA has everything for me though,fuckin amazing album

If you want an more accurate reading of Master, go by the latest Guitar World mag. It is based on Master of puppets, and some of todays heaviest bands (I dont mean fastest, but heaviest) commenting on it. Love it or hate it, its a staple in the annals of metal, thrash, hardcore, everything. Among hte living is right next to it, in energy, it not honesty and production. Anthrax, and that album, need more attention brought to it. I never quite understood why that happened. We all know why Mega"dav" is where it is! HA HA! And Slayer just plain kills, period. Mega arena sell out or not.

There is also a sentence in said magazine on how Cliff would never have let Bob Rock in as a producer. In fact, had Cliff never died, Metallica probably would either not have him for a member (quit) or would have reached a peak in 87, and would be akin to Metal Church or other "not-so-popular" bands.