Among the Living VS. Master of Puppets

I will be buried with both albums !!!
Too hard to declatre Puppers or ATL a winner ....

MetalThrasher442 said:
Well, Anthrax plays a lot of songs live off of ATL. More so then Metallica doing MOP songs.
And how do you figure? Over the course of two nights in Chicago, I saw Metallica play the entire Puppets album... including a bass/guitar jam on Orion during Rob's bass solo. They regularly had at least 4 Puppets songs in the set.

Holy shit!! i love `em both. But, through the years, I still believe that MoP is the best Thrash album ever made, the masterpiece, Cliffs legacy for the human being. AtL is my Anthrax favourite album, a great one indeed, enjoyable from the beggining to the end...but MoP wins by a knock out.

I still think I pick ATL. The songwriting / arangments / leads were better. Spitz only uses a wah seldomly, where as Kirk......well he more or less is a wah peddle.

Good question. I would say MOP, just because I can listen to it front to back without skipping a song. Among would close second, damned near depending on my mood.

for the quantity of good music, ATL.

MOP is cool as fuck, but I only like a few tunes.

For me, Metallica and Anthrax are completely different bands, I don´t know.
Anthrax has a more...loose..."Funny" thing going on...
Metallica was more straight and serious...

:err:

This is a easy one hands down is MASTER OF PUPPETS not many heavy metal bands can top this album. It is a shame that Metallica don't even have enough good songs since the black album to make 1 good album.

ATL for me but we know Metallica is the better\more popular band.

Master of Muppets

I hate that fucking song. Along with Enter Sandman. Come on somebody play those two fucking songs one more time. :Spin:

Master, Master can't you play any faster. I was 18 and thought they sold out then, so lets re-create the 80s again. THRASH OR DIE!!! :lol:

Master of Puppets is the best metal/thrash album ever made. Every one else has been ripping it off in one way or another ever since. Hell, even Dimebag used to say in interviews that that was the very last album that truly floored him. Every note of every song on the record is perfect.

With that being said, Among the Living is a great album, but it did have a stinker on there ("One World.")

Looks like this thread is breaking out into a tie. No really there is a tie that has a picture of the two album covers. And in between is "VS"

#700 YAHOO

Rozy157 said:
Master of Puppets is the best metal/thrash album ever made. Every one else has been ripping it off in one way or another ever since. Hell, even Dimebag used to say in interviews that that was the very last album that truly floored him. Every note of every song on the record is perfect.

With that being said, Among the Living is a great album, but it did have a stinker on there ("One World.")

Read Ultra Boris' review of the album at www.metal-archives.com, he's harsh but right on the money on a number of points.

Apart from Battery and Master of Puppets (which, as UB points out, has a Metal Church riff in it), the album is pedestrian, boring and, Orion's case, just pure wank.

Bonded by Blood is, for me, the most consistently brilliant Thrash album ever made. It's fast and brutal (for a 1984) and doesn't have a waltz on it like Master of Puppets does.

People think that because Metallica is some of the earliest Thrash that they know of it is, therefore, the best. This is totally false. Give me early Germanic Thrash over Metallica any day!