Amorphis - Eclipse -- well well, 2006 is off to a flying start!

Yeah so anyway, new album is a return to form. Better than their last few releases (including Tuonela IMO).

Elegy was their last great album, I agree, but of course, way too early to decide where the new one sits.

Still, it's been a while since I played the same album 3 times in a row. :kickass: Gotta love all that Cult / Gary Moore infusion, jesus h. Songwriting on steroids!

Well, I love all older Amorphis and I think this is THE album that sets it all straight again. I don't know what happened after Tuonela but they completely lost the plot.

Just sounds like they're back on track aka return to form. Good on 'em.

I'm amazed you're not being floored by: "House of Sleep", "Leaves Scar", and
"Empty Opening"!!!!

Nate The Great said:
I only heard the one song at their myspace page, and I got a pretty good boner. Now I know I'm definitely getting this ASAP.

Me too! :kickass: I wonder if The End will give us a bulk discount if we order 2 together. :loco:

JayKeeley said:
Well, I love all older Amorphis and I think this is THE album that sets it all straight again. I don't know what happened after Tuonela but they completely lost the plot.

Just sounds like they're back on track aka return to form. Good on 'em.

I'm amazed you're not being floored by: "House of Sleep", "Leaves Scar", and
"Empty Opening"!!!!

They're decent, but again, too similar to modern Sentenced. Which means, ok, I need to listen more, but just not anything spectacular to me (anymore, I guess). Changing tastes and whatnot.

I didn't mind the old guy's vocals (they suited the music IMO, and the music on Elegy is so endearing and traditional sounding, it almost calls for something a bit more 'timid').

There's no doubting the new vocalist is far superior however. It's like he actually had singing lessons or something.

uh yeah, am i the only one preferring pasi's clean vocals? i'm just happy that the growls are back but other than that the new guy ain't so great?

Dude - most people fucken hated those clean vocals. Like I said, I didn't mind them one bit, but I recognize where people say they sucked. There is no doubting he had serious pitch problems.

I love Pasi's clean vocals. I didn't mean it was his vocals that were holding the band back. I think it was either his personallity or just that the band needed some new blood to get excited again.