Amorphis Gigs

Eurynome

Kukkahattutäti
Apr 19, 2011
Helsinki
www.eurynome.fi
Tour calendar for 2013 - to be updated continuously...

02.03. House of Metal, Umeå (SE)
19.04. Reading 3, Tel Aviv (IL)
25.04. Circus, Helsinki (FI)
21.06. Dokk'em Open Air, Dokkum (NL)
22.06. Hellfest, Clisson (FR)
28.06. Tuska, Helsinki (FI)
30.06. With Full Force, Löbnitz (DE)
05.07. Manifest 2013, Kokkola (FI)
06.07. Ruisrock, Turku (FI)
10.07. Torin Rytmit, Hyvinkää (FI)
12.07. Castle Rock, Mülheim (DE)
19.07. Sotkamon Syke, Sotkamo (FI)
20.07. Olympiastadion, Helsinki (FI)
26.07. Tuhdimmat tahdit, Nokia (FI)
27.07. Qstock, Oulu (FI)
01.08. Wacken Open Air, Wacken (DE)
03.08. Fezen, Székesfehérvár (HU)
09.08. Brutal Assault Festival, Jaromer (CZ)
11.08. Bloodstock Open Air, Derbyshire (UK)
17.08. Summer Breeze, Dinkelsbühl (DE)

14.09. Radio Rock Risteily, Helsinki > Tallinn (FI/ET)
19.09. Zal Ozhidaniya, St-Petersburg (RU)
20.09. Re: public, Minsk (BY)
21.09. Bingo, Kiev (UA)
23.09. Major, Stavropol (RU)
24.09. Arena Hall, Krasnodar (RU)
25.09. Arena Hall, Rostov-on-Don (RU)
27.09. Megapolis, Irkutsk (RU)
29.09. Che Guevara, Krasnoyarsk (RU)
30.09. Fakel, Tomsk (RU)
01.10. Rock City, Novosibirsk (RU)
02.10. Moscow Hall, Moscow (RU)

11.10. Factory Theatre, Sydney (AU)
12.10. Hifi, Brisbane (AU)
14.10. Bilboard, Melbourne (AU)
16.10. Capitol, Perth (AU)
20.10. Loud Park, Saitama (JP)
23.10. Mao, Shanghai (CN)
24.10. The One, Beijing (CN)
25.10. Yu Gong, Beijing (CN)
27.10. The Wall, Taipei (TW)

05.11. Essigfabrik, Cologne (DE)
06.11. Zeche, Bochum (DE)
07.11. Rockfabrik, Ludwigsburg (DE)
08.11. Backstage, Munich (DE)
09.11. Batschkapp, Frankfurt (DE)
10.11. L’Usine, Geneve (CH)
12.11. Apolo, Barcelona (ES)
13.11. Rock City, Valencia (ES)
14.11. Sala Custom, Sevilla (ES)
15.11. Paradise Garage, Lisbon (PT)
16.11. But, Madrid (ES)
17.11. Kafé Antzokia, Bilbao (ES)
19.11. Connexion, Toulouse (FR)
20.11. Divan Du Monde, Paris (FR)
21.11. Garage, Saarbrücken (DE)
22.11. Tante Ju, Dresden (DE)
24.11. Szene, Vienna (AT)
26.11. Alcatraz, Milan (IT)
27.11. Z7, Pratteln (CH)
28.11. Hyde Park, Osnabrück (DE)
30.11. Biebob, Vosselaar (BE)
01.12. O2 Academy Islington, London (UK)
04.12. Markthalle, Hamburg (DE)
05.12. Posten, Odense (DK)
06.12. Brewhouse, Gothenburg (SE)
07.12. John Dee, Oslo (NO)
08.12. Klubben, Stockholm (SE)

26.12. Lutakko, Jyväskylä (FI)
27.12. Pakkahuone, Tampere (FI)
28.12. Rytmikorjaamo, Seinäjoki (FI)
29.12. Teatria, Oulu (FI)
30.12. Kerubi, Joensuu (FI)
31.12. Nosturi, Helsinki (FI)

Should be more like this:

5.-8.6 Hang out at Karhu's Place, Minneapolis MN (USA)
28.06. Excel Energy Center, St. Paul MN (USA)
12./13.7 First Ave, Minneapolis MN (USA)
19./20.7. Back to Karhu's Place for beer, Minneapolis, MN (USA)
1.-3.8. Bring the band up north for sauna and more beers, Swan River MN (USA)
9.-11.8 Station 4, St. Paul, MN (USA)
7.-10.8 Back to Karhu's place for more beer, Minneapolis, MN (USA)
15.-17.8. Take long nap and relax after all the fun

Should be more like this:

5.-8.6 Hang out at Karhu's Place, Minneapolis MN (USA)
28.06. Excel Energy Center, St. Paul MN (USA)
12./13.7 First Ave, Minneapolis MN (USA)
19./20.7. Back to Karhu's Place for beer, Minneapolis, MN (USA)
9.-11.8 Station 4, St. Paul, MN (USA)
7.-10.8 Back to Karhu's place for more beer, Minneapolis, MN (USA)
15.-17.8. Take long nap and relax after all the fun

too much of MN thr

Consider my ticket for this one reserved.
sauna.gif
beer.gif
bear_wub.gif

Reading 3, Tel Aviv (IL)
Rising expectations for the new album notwithstanding, I shall not attend the release gig this time...

My first reaction was totally aghast. Is this some kind of a joke? Or inside humor or a riddle like Amorjens?

Or is Amorphis also going that kind of order that first comes abroad and then they can do few finnish gig if there is time, like next winter or something.

Or is Amorphis also going that kind of order that first comes abroad and then they can do few finnish gig if there is time, like next winter or something.
Amorphis is one of the most active domestic tourers among Finnish metal bands of their size. You don't see bands like Turisas, Wintersun or even Insomnium over here as often.

No joke. They toured with Orphaned Land from Israel a few years ago and there's earlier been some vague talk of them doing a show there. Seems like that club has some sort of Nordic Metal theme this spring. Oh, and with a nod to the marketing discussion - the first 200 tickets are sold for 200 Shekel (~40 €), the remaining ones at 220 Shekel (~44 €)...

Frankly, I find your comment rather irrelevant :dopey:
As Risto pointed out, and as far as I am aware (I do follow quite a few Finnish bands), Amorphis are indeed one of the most frequently touring local bands within Finland.

Amorphis is one of the most active domestic tourers among Finnish metal bands of their size. You don't see bands like Turisas, Wintersun or even Insomnium over here as often.

You are right, most of the bands don't tour like Amorphis. It is easy to see Amorphis more than once in a year. And if there isn't a new album at the season, Amorphis do still club gigs across Finland.

Then there are bands like COB, NW and those you noticed, which do first abroad gigs and then a couple of finnis gigs.

Because of that, it has be obvious to me that release gig is in Tavastia or Nosturi. This feels odd to me. This have been decision they have made, and can be it´s the only possible day for each other.

I think this is mostly my personal problem. :)

Frankly, I find your comment rather irrelevant :dopey:
As Risto pointed out, and as far as I am aware (I do follow quite a few Finnish bands), Amorphis are indeed one of the most frequently touring local bands within Finland.

Indeed, and my point was exactly that is this about to change.

Because of that, it has be obvious to me that release gig is in Tavastia or Nosturi.

Would have been cool, but to be fair, they haven't done so in years. The last album release gigs Amorphis played in Finland were for SW, two shows at Tavastia in 2007. The first gigs after the release of Skyforger were normal one-hour festival sets at Sauna Open Air and Kivenlahti Rock in June, no club tour until autumn 2009. For BOT, the "release gigs" were the Metalfest shows in several central European towns, Finland had to wait until midsummer.

For the record, the practice of premiering new albums to the Finnish audience at summer festivals instead of proper club gigs has met with obvious disapproval from the higher powers, as both at SOA '09 and Himos '11 the weather utterly sucked. :yuk:

Himos '11 the weather utterly sucked. :yuk:

And there was all that mess with sound engineering company. Mokoma started over half an hour late and their monitory mixing was still mute. And that was Kotiteollisuus' own sound tech who fix the first big problem, not the sound engineering company.

They didn't could solve the problems whole day, and at the evening Amorphis sounded not very good and unleast quitars were mute once in a while.

Maybe I should to start to consider about going to some festival gig, if there won't be a single club gig in Finland in spring. But nowadays I'm not so eager to pay expensive festival tickets for seeing only one or two interesting bands. Last summer was funny because I didn't go to any festivals and yet I managed to see Amorphis, even the ticket cost that basic 20 euros. But the gig was in Lieksa, so it was easy to schelude the traditional trekking trip to late summer... ;)
Besides I love the atmosphere of the club gigs and there even the bad weather doesn't annoy, indeed. Festivals are nice in their own way, but still I prefer those smaller clubs.

But yes, this is only my personal problem. I guess that the new album itself is what matters the most, after all. I just happen to love live music a lot, too. :)