Amorphis Gigs

Will properly update the first post when I have more time, but here's the European club dates for this year:

amorphis_euro2013_small.jpg

Esa said something about a second leg, so maybe then we shall be graced with a gig. Or at least I very much hope so.
It would be a shame - they haven't skipped Bulgaria in their previous three tours.

I'm sure there will be shows in Eastern Europe later on, they're too big there to skip the area. What I'm kinda pleased with is the inclusion of oft-neglected Scandinavia, particularly Norway.

Esa said something about a second leg

Second leg is usually in spring, right?

I honestly hope they visit Serbia - not that it would be a problem if they didn't, since I wouldn't mind another trip to Bulgaria, but still, it would be cool if they came to Belgrade. They haven't since '08. I think.

Burning Sea Festival forced to be canceled - the Croatian government decides to charge an extra VAT of 25% (!!!) to the regular ticket prices also for cultural associations. An example of why government sucks and will continue to do so.

Yeah right, there we talk about right action!
No, seriously, that is madness. Big part of all kind different culture events will be forced to stop their activity. There is never easy with culture and finance, and now even harder.
In Finland that tax is 10 %.

I'm very seriously pissed off, all the more since my dear friends of Lufthansa and SAS kindly decided they'd rather keep those four hundred fuckin' euros I paid them for the now-useless trip.

Back to topic, no need to complain anymore. With only a few days' delay, Amorphis WILL play a proper record release show in HKI, at Circus on April 25. And they actually mean to play the whole new album. Way to go! :kickass:

Only 28 days left!!!!! I think I sacrifice a comp and tear one peak off it every morning :Spin:

Isn't that Circus more like a nightclub than a "traditional rock venue" like Tavastia? I have never been there but have read some, well, contradictory opinions about the place... Not that it would really matter, I was just wondering bit "extraordinary" place for this kind of band. :p

Isn't that Circus more like a nightclub than a "traditional rock venue" like Tavastia? I have never been there but have read some, well, contradictory opinions about the place...

"Contradictory" is putting it nicely, the place seriously sucks. It's a labyrinth that simply wasn't designed for live music. Besides, drinks are expensive and I've heard several complaints about the cloakroom service (incidents such as mixing up customers' jackets and then bitching about it instead of apologizing :err: ). The only good thing about the place is its central location.

Tanssisali Lutakko (Jyväskylä), just announced Amorphis gig 10.5.
"One of their few and selected finnish club gigs at spring".

Is there a clue about more club gig's in Finland?

"Contradictory" is putting it nicely, the place seriously sucks. It's a labyrinth that simply wasn't designed for live music. Besides, drinks are expensive and I've heard several complaints about the cloakroom service (incidents such as mixing up customers' jackets and then bitching about it instead of apologizing :err: ). The only good thing about the place is its central location.

And I read also that there's almost always a long queue in front of the door and then in the cloakroom as well. Sounds like the place is equal to it's name, especially that cloakroom behaviour sounds unbelievable. As if they have never heard about a thing called good customer service... But the good thing is that now I can prepare myself!

Yes Circus is not a good as acustically even :( I wonder why they have the gig in there, it really is not made for live music. But sure I am glad that it is somewhere near! :hotjump:

It's not about any gig but that pre-listening session; what kind of events these are generally, is it only playing the album or is the band present as well? Sounds interesting in a way, however I'm not sure will I really drop in there...

I'm very interested to find out what they play on the 19th. I'm assuming about 4 songs from Circle, would you say? Best I think would be Shades of Gray (as it's already proven to be awesome live), Enchanted by the Moon, Nightbird's Song (can't wait to see how this gets pulled off live!), and obviously they'll bust out Hopeless Days. Also interested to see what they bring out from the back catalog; I remember reading an interview in which Esa said they will be playing quite long sets to try and include stuff from almost every album.

I'll be seeing them at Wacken and Brutal Assault in the summer, anyone else going to either of those festivals? The acoustic set at Wacken should really be something.