Amorphis Gigs

The one in Hyvinkää is cheap.

Ah, I had totally forgotten that one! Not bad at all, and even travelling from here to Hyvinkää seems to be easy as well. So why not! And I definitely wouldn't mind escaping for a couple of beers, haha. ;)

In a way the Sotkamo gig had been cool, because I'm going to further north in late summer and Sotkamo had been along the way. But by chance the festival is a week too early, so I guess that it wouldn't been possible anyway. It just came to my mind.

Yeah, I heard the PA was some cheap sh*t ordered from Estonia. The organizers probably figured the audience would be too drunk to notice... :loco:

Yeah. There are many finnish very good and professional PA-groups but The Bisnes Dude take Estonian guys for whole month.
And the audience in Voice Juhannus was so drunk and moronic (I was there whole juhannus, working) that they didn't realized if there was monkeys instead of bands.
Maybe the other festivals went well, but juhannus' sound was really bad.

Maybe I should to start to consider about going to some festival gig, if there won't be a single club gig in Finland in spring. But nowadays I'm not so eager to pay expensive festival tickets for seeing only one or two interesting bands.

Same here. But the Hyvinkää gig, notwithstanding Sonata Arctica, could be nice and easy. It's just I have to bear Sonata without beer, need to drive home at the same night 'cause work.

Ok, I've never listened to any of their music, and after seeing this thread, I don't plan to...but what is exactly so bad about Sonata Arctica? :p

In fact, I have their first album, and there is many good songs but... All the others albums are mud imo. I don't know, I think my problem with the band is similarity and bad simplicity through albums. And I don't much like that kind of power metal, or what ever they call it.
There is one "good" song in each album which goes to radio, but it worn at first listening.
My english pronounce is quite bad, like Kimi Räikkönen, and Tony Kakko is not better.

They're some sort of Finnish equivalent to Edguy and Dragonforce (ok, not THAT extreme, but just to give you a general idea...), and Tony Kakka is more famous for his highly creative dressing style than for his vocal abilities, although at Tuska last year he was properly dressed for a change - if only because his actual stage outfit had gotten left behind at some airport and he had to improvise. But the main problem, like Tiiti said, is that all songs sound the same, and besides, I never much cared for power metal to begin with.

225px-Sonata_Helmond2006_Tony.jpg

I was there whole juhannus, working
Otan osaa - my sincerest condolences. I went straight to Nummirock from there to recover...

Ok, I've never listened to any of their music, and after seeing this thread, I don't plan to...but what is exactly so bad about Sonata Arctica? :p

Sometimes I feel Sonata's wolf-thing has gone bit too far. Well, I do think that wolves are beautiful animals and their mythological background is interesting, but still you don't need to put them in every band shirt and other merchandise... All in all it's question of having a good taste.
And it's said that they're more like "bad clone of Stratovarius". Then I remember even one opinion that "Tony Kakko and Tomi Joutsen (!) have the worst pronounciation in the Finnish metal scene"...
Anyway, I don't like power metal either (yet there's an exception, but the exception proves the rule), it's not my cup of tea.

Tony Kakka is more famous for his highly creative dressing style than for his vocal abilities, although at Tuska last year he was properly dressed for a change - if only because his actual stage outfit had gotten left behind at some airport and he had to improvise.

Huutonauru!! :loco: :lol: I just tried to say it nicely and correctly, but this is much better!

Otan osaa - my sincerest condolences. I went straight to Nummirock from there to recover...
I could tell many, many and very, very "funny" things about that festival audience, but it would have a own topic, so leave it be...

Back to topic, no need to complain anymore. With only a few days' delay, Amorphis WILL play a proper record release show in HKI, at Circus on April 25. And they actually mean to play the whole new album. Way to go! :kickass:

The best way to observe Sonata Arctica is from a safe distance, at the beer area, with your back to them and a beer in the hand, preferably watching the Stockholm - Turku ferries sailing past ;)

With only a few days' delay, Amorphis WILL play a proper record release show in HKI, at Circus on April 25. And they actually mean to play the whole new album. Way to go! :kickass:

Now this sounds like a plan. As usual, I am at the wrong place in the wrong time.

As living at the neighbour of Ruisrock, I need to like this. :kickass:

That evening of Ruisrock in 2010 shall forever remain in my mind (no thanks to Sonata Arctica) :) Especially when the ferries sailed past in the strait between Ruissalo and the mainland (or is it another island?) and everybody was waving :wave: and the boat caused a mini tsunami and people suddenly ended up being soaked.
38171_446850343763_2284893_n.jpg

Back to topic, no need to complain anymore. With only a few days' delay, Amorphis WILL play a proper record release show in HKI, at Circus on April 25. And they actually mean to play the whole new album. Way to go! :kickass:

I can't wait!!! My husband is getting a little bit bored of Amorphis, but it is his fault I found the band so he better take the consequonces and nicely go to A gigs. I also may need a wallbreaker, at least it is needed in Children of Bodom gigs. Otherwise I do not get enough front. But I have noticed that people in Amorphis gigs and in COB gigs are a lot different. You do not actually have to break the wall to get near front in Amorphis gig, people are friendly. With COB, I was horrified that I fall down, no one hears or notices as the athmosphere was so overwhelming wild. I mention COB in Amorphis' forum as those are my favourite bands and yeah, the hubby also made me found COB too, he regrets :D :D But too late!!! And after every gig we have been, he has have really good time, he is just so stubborn finnish man damn it. <3

Tuhdimmat tahdit :D Jo on festaria nimellä paiskattu. :tickled:

I don't know to translate this so that the funny tone remain.

I hope my avec will not get bloat because of monthly Amorphis gig. But I should have more time, I should see Children of Bodom too. And Robin, that little bastard, well I promised to my daughter to get her to Robin's show. I am going to die there, no doubt. So that show better be at the late summer.