Amorphis Gigs

:D Right! Well, I am getting confused with all those nicknames here ;)
"Elegy" is an absolutely brilliant song. But I've always overlooked it, just like you, until that night. - That was magic. Since then it has become one of my absolute favourites. I wish I had a proper version sung by Tomi J.

That was a great gig indeed, I still think it was one of the best Amorphis gigs that I have seen so far. I do remember Cares as well (also how Tomi J and Esa "danced" bit when the "humppa" interlude started :D) - when I got Elegy couple of months later, I thought that the live version sounded even more energetic. That's why it would be great to hear it live again, besides it really is much better dance song than any disco stuff. :kickass:

Nice, that's a really cool video of Veil of Sin. Two Moons must be intense live. There's also a brilliant version of Elegy that is a duet with Pasi and Tomi J. I think this is the best, Pasi sounds really good:

Elegy has always been one of my favourite Amorphis songs; so tragic and sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, after-gig-problem: the cd sounds like nothing, after a marvellous and robust live act.
And this time this is even a worse than usually.
(might be that the biggest problem is my standard cd-player)

Would have loved to take a few more, but the big ugly security guy kept an eye on me. :p

If I had managed to talk to the light engineer before the show, I would have asked him to cast a single white spotlight on Esa during that solo.

And here, ladies and gentlemen, you see my favorite new merch item:
ranneke.jpg

Awww Eurynome cool merch! And that gig was great, we loved it! It was also very cool to see that Amorphis itself was happy that the audience liked. I have some videos, but youtube do not upload them, they are some wrong format. But not of the whole gig, of some songs and not whole song, as I had no time to film, had to applause so much! But if someone helps me, I would like to upload them to youtube WITH a warning that they aren't professional filmer.

Edit: The video files are format .mov and many GB. Please, tell me what to do? I should change the format and rip then, then upload to youtube? Well...how I do that changing and rip?

It was 1st time filming, poor but I guess I can put it here.

search the account of the uploader for three more videos (the wanderer,enchanted ny the moon,shades of gray)