Amorphis Gigs

Why are they all 18+?

Also, great news. Have they ever been on an Australian tour before?

Nope, never. Was about time.

Most Finnish club shows are 18+, too, including the one at Circus the other week. The reason is alcohol politics, although you might want to interpret it as the singer being considered too sexy for underage girls. ;)

Nope, never. Was about time.

Most Finnish club shows are 18+, too, including the one at Circus the other week. The reason is alcohol politics, although you might want to interpret it as the singer being considered too sexy for underage girls. ;)

Great news for all Aussies then.

So, that 18+ means that basically no underaged people are allowed to attend? Even when accompanied by a senior person?

What a bullshit policy...

And I went to pretty many gigs even when I was underaged yet; so that's why I'm this kind of spoiled fan now. :p

Relating to the gigs and just out of the curiosity - has anyone been on those Radio Rock cruises, like, good or bad experiences of the whole thing? In a way it could be nice, but I guess it's quite expensive anyway.

^ Ei siis mitään uutta auringon alla. Funny thing is that so far I haven't been on any kind of cruises - nevertheless I know that I don't behave like a pig even under the influence...

So, that 18+ means that basically no underaged people are allowed to attend? Even when accompanied by a senior person?

Basically it's like that, but there are also some venues that are exceptions. When I was underaged, I managed to see Amorphis at venues where also underaged people can entry (Verkatehdas in Hämeenlinna and Finlandia-klubi in Lahti in my case) and of course at festivals. But yes, otherwise underaged people can't attend.

With 18+ gigs, it's always worth giving the venue a call anyway because many venues basically translate an 18+ gig as just being no unsupervised u18s.

As far as I've found - if you're under 18 and want to go, you have to be with a legal guardian/family member who is 18+ and must be with them at all times, you have to make yourself known to all security and bar staff as soon as possible, and at gigs where it's likely for venue capacity to be reached, then u18s must wait until the end of the line to purchase tickets as the 18+ get first preference due to contributing more to the bar takings.

There are a few venues that won't let u18s in full stop, but many also allow it so long as you're with an adult.

It's not only due to alcohol politics, but also often due to the hire cost of the venue. There is one venue I know of that is $3,000 hire fee for an 18+ gig but $11,000 for an all ages event. Something to do with public liability/insurance.

Lutakko's gig was great! Not so good than Circus, but good.
I'm not usually complaining about setlist, but IMO this does not worked very well... More opinions when I get home from Jyväskylä.

Setlist
1. Shades of grey
2. Mission
3. Sampo
4. Silver bride
5. Narrow path
6. Drowned maid
7. Exile of the sons of uisliu
8. Te he Smoke
9. You I need
10. A Wanderer
11. Nightbirds song
12. In the beginning
13.On rich and poor
14.Silent Waters
15. Empty Opening
16. Hopeless days
17. Mermaid
18. House of sleep

You I Need followed by A Wanderer is very bad, if you ask me, especially since it is preceded by The Smoke.
And Mermaid as an encore looks a bit awkward as well; given that the only other TBOT song is You I Need, a better pick might have been My Enemy or Three Words. But it's nice to see they kept six new songs in the set. Tiiti, hope you got home safely to tell us more soon... :)

Finally home. Well, get home yesterday night, but went straight to the bed.

I was working at Lutakko, so didn’t actually saw the whole show, one or two songs once in a while, but of course heard everything. So I think this could impact to my opinions. Also I think the Circus gig in a back of my head affects, ‘cause the Circus gig was better, and the new songs worked better when played as a album order. Circus also had better sound, though Tomi J’s voice were better at this time.

IMO the main problem in set list is between 6-13. You I need and In the beginning just doesn’t fit as were they were. Also, as you said, Mermaid in encore isn’t very good. I think TBOT songs are quite challenging to put to the list currently.
Exile was awesome, and of course Empty Opening, which is one of my all time fav. The new songs rocked like a moose!

The gig was sold out, so no possibilitys to take closer pics. There was about 500 dudes to bypass, so I didn’t even try to. I have only a couple of these:
012.JPG

009.JPG

When I was making food to the band, I thought I should get a bottle of Hopeless Sauce and put it into the food without a word. I did not, and Koippari said it wouldn’t be a success, ‘cause they have eat it so much they would taste it right away.
Guys still brought their own bottle, and of course I need to taste it. Conviction: the level of chili is just great (I like hot and spicy food), but didn’t like a taste of smoke and bourbon. No need to by The Sauce.

Sande had shaved his mustache off because he “didn’t want to look like an idiot for the rest of his life in The Wanderer –video”. :D

What's wrong with In the Beginning between Nightbird's Song and On Rich and Poor? That's awesome, if you ask me. If that setlist is an indication of a typical Circle headlining show, then I think it's pretty cool and I'm impressed. I do really wish they'd drop a couple songs like You I Need, and I'd way rather they close with My Kantele than House of Sleep, but looking at that list of songs, it's still pretty awesome. I really love that they brought back some of that underplayed old shit, replacing setlist mainstay The Castaway, with Drowned Maid; changing Sign from the North Side for Exile of the Sons... Also, I know I'm in the minority, but Enchanted by the Moon is still easily my favourite song on the new album, and I hope they bring that into the set.

I really love that they brought back some of that underplayed old shit, [...] changing Sign from the North Side for Exile of the Sons... Also, I know I'm in the minority, but Enchanted by the Moon is still easily my favourite song on the new album, and I hope they bring that into the set.

I'm with you on both points. :headbang:

And Bourbon sauce or not, I hope they liked the food! ;)

What's wrong with In the Beginning between Nightbird's Song and On Rich and Poor?

Nothing special, these are always opinions and minds. I just felt like drop in that point, but many TBOT-songs cause the same effect to me.